Notices

Hot UK weather

Old 07-07-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by regeneration View Post
And I'm about to get out some sparkling water, ice and apple juice with ginger, and watch Murray's Wimbledon victory again online.

Last year, I was newly sober and it was more difficult in the odd bit of summer, but this year, despite having the odd craving I'm am really enjoying some of the British summer. The heat is actually making me feel really chilled out, which I didn't expect.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Bluebird, it will get easier the more you do this.
Thank you very much Ice cold water has got me through today. Roll on next summer when I'll sail through it
Old 07-08-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Tell me about it! The Wimbledon final yesterday was torture with everybody celebrating Murray's win with Pimms, cold lagers and BBQs. Fortunately for me , I don't find alcohol very refreshing so in yesterday's heat an ice cold ginger beer was just the ticket .
Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Haha. I checked the weather in the UK...I wish you'd send some of that to us in Texas. It was 41 C just a few days ago. It's not gonna get below an average of 34. That kind of heat makes you NOT want to drink.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
Tell me about it! The Wimbledon final yesterday was torture with everybody celebrating Murray's win with Pimms, cold lagers and BBQs. Fortunately for me , I don't find alcohol very refreshing so in yesterday's heat an ice cold ginger beer was just the ticket .
Mmmmm Ginger beer ha ha. Lovely stuff
Old 07-08-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crossfitdad View Post
Haha. I checked the weather in the UK...I wish you'd send some of that to us in Texas. It was 41 C just a few days ago. It's not gonna get below an average of 34. That kind of heat makes you NOT want to drink.
That's crazy hot. It's 22:00 and 26 degrees, I'm melting ha ha
Old 07-08-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Bluebird: 26 degrees is what we keep our thermostat at 24 hours a day! When I was in football (American), every year we would go to a team football camp in August. It was routinely 110 fahrenheit - 43 C. We'd practice twice per day in the heat. At night we stayed in cabins without AC. It rarely fell below 90F/32C in the evenings...and dear God the humidity! We literally would sleep with bags of ice in our beds and slept in the showers with the cold water running on us.

I guess it's all about what you are used to, but 78 sound extremely pleasant right now. You'd think all the heat would melt away the fat from all these people.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Bluebird: 26 degrees is what we keep our thermostat at 24 hours a day! When I was in football (American), every year we would go to a team football camp in August. It was routinely 110 fahrenheit - 43 C. We'd practice twice per day in the heat. At night we stayed in cabins without AC. It rarely fell below 90F/32C in the evenings...and dear God the humidity! We literally would sleep with bags of ice in our beds and slept in the showers with the cold water running on us.

I guess it's all about what you are used to, but 78 sound extremely pleasant right now. You'd think all the heat would melt away the fat from all these people.
That is mental heat ha ha I'd be permanently asleep. Yeah the Sun does bring out some lovely sights but also some horrific ones ha ha
Old 07-09-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Family and friends all drinking their drugs because its hot and this what you are brainwashed and conditioned to do , oh everyone is drinking alcohol ,I must drink it too !

Gotta change your mindset , they are trapped ,they have to drink it.

Sparkling water sitting outside , think you will find I/ you are the cool one .

Try and see it for what it is , look at the pubs bars and people sitting outside and think herds/ sheep . Ba ba ba.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You'd think all the heat would melt away the fat from all these people.
Haha! My favourite thing I've read today. Awesome mental image
Old 07-10-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It's not their fault, it's a multi-multi-billion dollar industry who shoves alcohol in our faces every second they get. We can't blame them for our problem, however. But it is pretty amazing how much regulation smoking now has, and yet alcohol is still rather unchecked.

Heck, they even managed to say the drinking red wine has health benefits.

They used to say smoking would clear up your lungs.

Originally Posted by DarkDays View Post
Family and friends all drinking their drugs because its hot and this what you are brainwashed and conditioned to do , oh everyone is drinking alcohol ,I must drink it too !

Gotta change your mindset , they are trapped ,they have to drink it.

Sparkling water sitting outside , think you will find I/ you are the cool one .

Try and see it for what it is , look at the pubs bars and people sitting outside and think herds/ sheep . Ba ba ba.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

OMG tell me about it! I really want a drink with this lovely sunny weather! I went to a meeting instead. It was quite good
Old 07-10-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sicknote View Post
OMG tell me about it! I really want a drink with this lovely sunny weather! I went to a meeting instead. It was quite good
Well done I'm going to the gym and walking alot.... and having lots of cold showers ha ha
Old 07-10-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm in the UK too and it's boiling

When I quit drinking in December I was worried about the summer,wine in the garden,BBQs,parties etc (Looking back I realize I did have a serious problem worrying about that in December )

Now it's here it's not been as hard as I thought. I see others drinking and it doesn't bother me-maybe it comes with time. I make sure I always have my sparkling water to hand and going through litres of the stuff

Going to bed on a hot night,sober is refreshing and a new thing for me.Waking up to the sun at 6.00 sober andwithout a hangover,headache,sickness,dry mouth,racing heart, dizziness etc is fantastic and I would never swap it. I never thought I'd feel this but I genuinely would not want to drink in the sun now even if I could moderate.

Enjoy the sun