Notices

I'm Returning To AA & Recovery...

Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
That sounds like a resentment to me. What you are really doing is making up your own rules. H stands for Honesty which is a the first principle in H.O.W.
I suppose in a way, I feel the normal rules should not apply to me. I have not been late or missed a days work yet. Many of my co-workers are constantly late, don't show up and ,yep, one seems to come a little drunk. I feel I deserve a little extra bonus. And my cash register is always even!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

If you accepted the job you accept the rules... and soda is very, very bad for you anyway. H20 is free... substitute water and you will feel better anyway!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I suppose in a way, I feel the normal rules should not apply to me. I have not been late or missed a days work YET. Many of my co-workers are constantly late, don't show up and ,yep, one seems to come a little drunk. I feel I deserve a little extra bonus. And my cash register is always even!
Hi. when I came to AA I used the word yet a lot until an old timer pointed out it stood for " Your Eligible Too." That cut my usage back a lot. BE WELL
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I suppose in a way, I feel the normal rules should not apply to me. I have not been late or missed a days work yet. Many of my co-workers are constantly late, don't show up and ,yep, one seems to come a little drunk. I feel I deserve a little extra bonus. And my cash register is always even!
At my very first job in high school, a night manager at the golf course I worked at would let us eat left over food and not make us pay the half price for it. I felt fine eating it and didn't think twice because the manager was cool with it and they were just going to toss the food anyways.

When there was a misunderstanding during a night shift weeks later, which left either the manager or myself was to blame, he told the higher up boss that it was my fault and that I was also "stealing" left over food as well. I was canned because of that and have since learned not to cross that line, even for petty stuff.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Justfor1
I feel I deserve a little extra bonus.
You deserve a little extra bonus for doing your job? Kudos for your cash register being even?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I had a bad day at work. One co-worker seems to be talking bad about me and I had a dispute with my manager. We are suppose to pay 50% of all our food which I guess is okay. But that includes soda. I refuse to put that down on my meal sheet because I feel it costs the company pennies & I work my butt off. My manager friend (who got me the job) and the night manager don't seem to mind though. Perhaps she has a grudge against me? Like I always say, I do not know how to function in normal society.
Since you are in AA I would suggest you visit this page about what the big book says about resentments. I have noticed that you always seem to start drinking when someone "wrongs" you. AA History - What Does The BigBook Say About Resentment?
I agree that the drink policy is stupid but in your case, getting all worked up over it might lead to another relapse. The only way to change policies you don't like would be by unionizing your work place but right now the focus needs to be on you. You are way too fragile to start organizing anything and bitching and moaning about that one manager will accomplish nothing except maybe get you terminated and lead you to a drink.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

carlotte, I have not been to a AA meeting in weeks. I'm too busy working. Of course, I managed to find a night to drink though. I have a about 1,546 resentments. I have resentments from kids in grade school even.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I have a about 1,546 resentments. I have resentments from kids in grade school even.
Don't worry about that! I just wrote all my resentments in the last few weeks. Some of them were from so long ago, I couldn't even remember the name of the person! I hope you get back to AA so you can work through them. Wishing you all the best :-)
Old 07-11-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

The Dr. told me that compulsive gambling is often associated with bi-polar people. He thinks that I may have mixed episodes of mania and depression at the same time. Upon researching it looks kinda dangerous. It might help explain why I hate myself yet think I'm better and smarter than everyone at the same time.
I was told it was because I was an egomaniac with low self esteem.

through working the steps, I found it to be true.