Notices

The Fear and Shame

Old 07-05-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Fear and Shame

Does anyone else obsess about the things they say and do whilst drunk??
I literally lose sleep worrying about possible things i might have said or done and the repercussions they might bring.Any tips on how to let go of these thoughts and worries and move forward with my recovery??Thanks.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would worry about it for several days later. I just ignored most of it. Unless someone asked me about a text, call, or something... then I'd explain to them, hey I was drunk... please forgive me for being a drunken idiot... but there's not much that can be done about the past... the only thing we can do about the past is to accept it... and to move forward in sobriety. Best thing to do is to stay sober so that you don't have to worry about these things anymore. Forgive yourself. You won't be that same person sober.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've done and said awful things in my addiction. Things I wish I could take back but I can't. I have realized it wasn't me instead my druken alter ego. I just live each day being the real me, the sober me. Wow it feels good. Wish I would have stopped drinking along time ago.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey dude

Two ways I can get over my fat mouth - drunk or sober. Either write it down or own up and apologise.

If it's written down I can look at it straight and work out if it's worth worrying about. And fessing up means I can put it to bed.

xx
Old 07-05-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just always worry about the potential drunken Facebook posts/comments. Other than that, no worries.