Notices

parents trust me completely now

Old 07-05-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

parents trust me completely now

My parents left for California this week and left me with the horses. It feels so great to be treated like an adult and have a job finally. I can be a very negative person but I find my sponsors attitude rubbing off on me she is super positive and I have started to think more positively. I haven't had a single craving since they left to go to the liquor store nor any desire to. This is a completely new feeling for me and seems like it is too good to be true. Maybe I am still in the honeymoon phase. But I know how to handle it if the cravings return at least. My dad went from saying he would never trust me again to regaining full trust I never thought it would happen.

I find myself engaging in old behavior still sometimes and I have to pause and tell myself to stop.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a positive support system and getting to take responsibility for the horses. That makes it even more gratifying to maintain sobriety. Your post was especially touching since my mother and I had words last night because she was rehashing things I did has as 20 year old (in mixed company) while I am in my
40's.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is great news. Good job!