Notices

I stopped drinking tonight.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shortbiscuit View Post
I've been through rehab. It doesn't help: With my IQ and background in psychiatric care, I know how to play sane, and it isn't a conscious thing.
Well maybe this time around its time to be honest and vulnerable? Even smart people can get sober

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-06-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm really not trying to be melodramatic, I just don't think I have it in me to do this again. Getting sober was the most painful, most difficult thing I've ever done, worse than childbirth in some ways, and I had both children unmedicated.

I just want to sleep it away.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

You have to decide you're willing to do it again, that's all. It may be hard, it may be painful in some ways... But it sure beats the alternative.

Hope you get some sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

You do not have to be "fat, dejected and drunk".
You want to sleep it away?
Actually, have you thought that you might have a valid medical problem and are self medicating to deal with everything?
Why not start with a full check-up bloodwork and obgyno visit? Sometimes the drinking masks other issues.
And the hot weather exacerbates most of us too.
Please think of what one thing you can do today to improve your outlook a little bit.
And know that you are not alone with these thoughts you have, but in reality you are very blessed to have 2 beautful healthy children and a husband...many do not.
Start with a little gratitude for what you DO have.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you doing today shortbiscuit?

D
Old 07-23-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good..You take good decision... Its very happy to your family.. I hope you stop drinking..
Old 07-23-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shortbiscuit View Post
There's an AA down the street from my house, but my husband and I share a vehicle. :-/ I can only make meetings if he gets off work early or on one of his days off so he can watch the children. Thank God for the SR app and virtual 12-step meetings.
Shortbiscuit. Alcoholism truly is cunning, and will offer you plenty of reason why you can't do "first things first." AA is all about one drunk helping another. I suggest you get to that meeting, and get there early so you can introduce yourself as a newcomer. Can you bring the kids? Most meetings will be ok with that. (btw-you can probably hire a sitter with the money you save on booze) You can also introduce yourself by raising your hand in the meeting. Real AAs will be there for you if you reach out. You need a ride to meetings? ASK FOR IT! Don't deprive others of the opportunity to be of service. This could be the beginning of developing the support group that you need.