Notices

I really wonder if there really is help for me.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When you get to where cant drink ,and cant quit ,you are there ,been there myself .
Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm 55 drank for 20 years vodka was my poison for 15 years. 9 months sober. I could function while drinking own my own business known around town but no one knew I was a alcoholic....I thought. My skin my eyes the trembling was a sure give away to most folks but I was to out of it to realize it.
Took me three years to get where I am today. Getting sober was a selfish act for me when I got selfish I got sober. I didn't do it for my dh, my kids or my grandkids it was totally about me. I thought I would die if I drank and thought I would die if I didn't have a drink but I didn't give up.
The results of being sober, my grandkids have more fun and better relationship with me, my children can depend on me and enjoy my company, my dh and I have a different relationship he still drinks like a fish. I'm healthy, my stomach is not swollen, no panic attacks, no throwing up, my skin has a better hue, my hair even looks healthier. I'm more independent, I'm making better financial decisions. I wake up in the morning ready to do what needs done I don't have to recover from a night of drinking.
I hope you find your sobriety.