Notices

getting close to 90 days

Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

getting close to 90 days

I am getting close to 90 days sober got two more days to go. With the help of god and AA program I have been able to stay sober and my sponsor too. I now can have fun without alcohol and the cravings have gone. I never thought any of this was possible at all. The best gift I have been given is my parents complete trust back in me and a job at walmart. None of this would have happened if I hadn't joined AA got a sponsor and worked the steps. I am on step 9 right now starting to make my first amends this week.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
EndGame

That's great. People have different reactions to reaching that magic number, 90 days. I'm also happy to hear that cravings are not an issue for you. Cravings pose a formidable obstacle for many people, and increase the likelihood of relapse.

I think that for some people, learning from their suffering becomes and important part in their recovery. It seems that you're doing very well with this.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Good for you. Day 90 is kind of like the first milestone. When I first got sober, nobody in my family took me seriously. They thought I would relapse. It was day 93 when my wife finally asked me for the first time, "How many days now?" When you hit the "90's" people start taking notice.

Good job!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anoronha View Post
I am getting close to 90 days sober got two more days to go. With the help of god and AA program I have been able to stay sober and my sponsor too. I now can have fun without alcohol and the cravings have gone. I never thought any of this was possible at all. The best gift I have been given is my parents complete trust back in me and a job at walmart. None of this would have happened if I hadn't joined AA got a sponsor and worked the steps. I am on step 9 right now starting to make my first amends this week.
Anoronha,
This is BIG, Congratulations!! Sounds like you are actively involved in your sobriety. Good news indeed. Thank you for sharing, keep on keeping on. Love that little saying ( btw, I had no idea that was an AA slogan till someone at a meeting shared). Will look forward to reading about your Recovery.
:-D Bobbi