Notices

not sure what to say

Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

checking in, about to hit the hay. Still watching the walking dead marathon and about all i did today was run for an hour. my wife said i was nuts to do it in this heat, but it's still the only thing that makes me feel ok for any length of time, mentally.

I think i have a lot of unresolved stuff stirring around my head which is why I've been running so much. I see and realize it. i guess running is my body's way of beating the self destruction. i guess that's the best i can explain it an do right now. i'm doing ok. I might look into seeing a therapist.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. Four years is awesome. You are awesome.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
High on Life

Google "Racing for Recovery" and "Todd Crandell", awesome stuff about running and recovery... are you completely detoxes now?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
Google "Racing for Recovery" and "Todd Crandell", awesome stuff about running and recovery... are you completely detoxes now?
yes, I am....and sleeping abnormally long hours too. I don't know if it's the running or just exhaustion, but I've slept 11 hours a night the past 2 nights. I haven't done that since grade school. very very odd for me...but hey...i'm not complaining at all. i'm GRATEFUL for the rest. I'll definitely check out racing for recovery and Todd Crandell. thanks man.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

checking in. I've got a stomach bug that's kicked my butt the last 2 days, but i'm still here. have a good day people.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

i'm still here. this virus is kicking my ass. I've lost almost 10 pounds. gonna go hit the doctor next week if i'm not better. no desires..I've replaced alcohol with racing cars again. night all.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you'll see the Dr as soon as you can BD

D
Old 07-15-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

i'm ok. it was just a stomach virus. I'm starting to bounce back. Just checking in, have a good day people.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

man, this virus is kicking my butt. dr said all I can do is wait it out. Im exhausted from the constant runs. ugh....i'm wondering if this is a by product of some sort of extended withdrawal. I had this really bad when I left benzos 3 years ago but I haven't done pills in years.. dr says it probably has nothing to do with this. either way...this fu-king blows.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
man, this virus is kicking my butt. dr said all I can do is wait it out. Im exhausted from the constant runs. ugh....i'm wondering if this is a by product of some sort of extended withdrawal. I had this really bad when I left benzos 3 years ago but I haven't done pills in years.. dr says it probably has nothing to do with this. either way...this fu-king blows.
Viruses come and go, just stay in the fight, that is forever!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
When I became ill while drinking, I was probably either unaware of it, or didn't care because one-to-two liters of vodka each day desensitized my response to symptoms. Just wasn't a big deal. After all, drinking all day left me feeling much worse than any cold, flu or virus ever did.

In early sobriety, illness was a bigger deal since I was no longer anesthetized and felt the full force of my symptoms with a healthier mind and body.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It seems to me that it took a couple weeks for my digestion to get back to normal. Drink plenty of water so you don't get dehydrated, and hang in there!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Minx

Easy does it,

Welcome back , I'm on day 1 after relapsing with 6 yrs up, I feeeel you pain sunshine, be strong

T
Old 07-20-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm FINALLY on the mend. I'm going to take it easy on the exercise until i'm 100%. That bug kicked my a$$! Have a good day people!