Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I need some advice I'm desperate to stop drinking

Notices

I need some advice I'm desperate to stop drinking

Old 06-26-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnxiousAspie View Post
Does alcohol make you short of breath? Or do you think that's due to the anxiety? The only way I can describe it is shortness of breath and it's really worrying me. I keep googling different health problems to see if I can relate. It's feels more like when I'm breathing the air feels really thin-it's a really weird very uncomfortable feeling that I can't really describe. Just windering if anyone else has experienced similar symptoms. My friend thinks it could be the sugar levels in my blood or something. I have now managed to successfully eat a meal without fail
I had that anxious shallow breathing too. It can still be "just around the corner" today when I'm out of sync physically/mentally/emotionally/spiritually.

Haven't had a drink/drug for over 23 yrs so I'm quite sure it's not that.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-26-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

when I was drinking I'm sure I was more easily short of breath - for example walking the dog up the hill would leave me far more breathless if I had had a drink beforehand. Not sure why - probably because it's poison. I think you will beat this, you seem very switched on and aware of yourself at such a young age :-) xxx