Notices

nervous

Old 06-16-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nervous

Im stopping one of my bipolar meds under my doctors orders because it is causing side effects and weight gain. It will take me a month to stop it supposed to taper off slowly. Im really nervous because I want to drink when unstable and don't want to become unstable again. I don't want to be a burden to my family, friends and sponsor. Im hoping praying everyday and continuing to work the steps will help me keep my moods in check. Already in cutting down the dosage I notice I am slightly manic now. Hope I continue to stay in a good mood. I don't want to go through depression and cravings again. The cravings have stopped since the last month and a half.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,

I'm bipolar, too. I drank for many years to self medicate. And unfortunately, it worked. Until I became addicted. Then the fun was over. My days were filled with anxiety and fear. Only more drinking could stop them. Please don't think drinking will help your illness. You'll go from a bad place to a worse place.
You've got medical advice, and that's great. Follow your doctor's plan. You'll be okay. It may get a little tough, but you'll be okay. And remember, you don't have to take that first drink.

I know how hard it is with bipolar as I've tried a bunch of meds. Alcohol didn't work. It turned on me and became a nightmare.
Stick with your doc. Tell them if you feel like drinking. They'll understand. The percentage of people with bipolar who are also alcoholic if astounding. I was.

Wishing you the best.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Forgot to mention, prayer and faith have worked wonders for me. Shaped me into a new person, actually. So pray hard!