Notices

dont want to tell what to do

Old 06-14-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dont want to tell what to do

I have a friend who's sponsor just had a baby and she is unable to work with her sponsor as much they have put the steps on hold. She doesn't call her sponsor as much because she doesn't want to burden her and bother her. I feel bad for my friend because she is going through a rough time right now really struggling. IMHO I think she needs to find a new sponsor but I don't want to tell her that I don't want to sound cocky and like I am better than her. Im worried about her I think putting the steps on hold is a bad idea. Should I tell her or keep my mouth shut? I did tell her she could call me anytime she needed to talk. I am very close friends with her.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

In the 12 steps we learn to deal with life on LIFE'S terms. Reality.

A sponsor is there to guide us through the steps, if REALITY creates a situation in which that is not possible, then we connect with a sponsor who can fill that roll.

No harm, no foul. It makes perfect sense that her current sponsor will be very busy and needs to give time to her growing family, and it makes perfect sense that your friend needs someone to lead her through the steps NOW.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

she needs to begin with an honest talk with her current sponsor

it's up to her to go to any lengths to stay stopped, not up to you....although offering is nice, is it useful to her or does she need to learn to reach out to others?

meditate on it and your answer(s) may come to you!

what's your sponsor say about this situation you are in???
Old 06-14-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She should talk to her sponsor. Maybe she can recommend someone that your friend can go to like a co-sponsor. Someone she can call when she is having a rough time and leave the steps up to the actual sponsor.