Notices

Day 2

Old 06-11-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

last drink was Sunday night... and i was pretty wasted. went out with a bang.

Monday started the l lorazepam which seemed to really take the edge off. Certainly I will wanted to drink, but i kept myself away from my triggers the best I could.

I ended up getting to bed at 11pm, which is a huge feat for me considering I normally get to bed at 2am after drinking and watching television.

I still woke up feeling slightly hung over (perhaps I'm just tired?)...

But day one is done. I will focus on day 2 today and worry about day three tomorrow.

I cannot wait for the first month to be over so that I can start to think straight again.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats - don't quit. After you get "clean" you say "How did I ever let myself get there". I'm still trying to work on getting "clean" again.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in/on there. Remember it's the first drink that gets us drunk. BE WELL
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used Lorazepam as well to help me through the crippling panic attacks alcohol caused in my body. Problem is since it's highly addictive I found I couldn't leave home without it. Thank God for AA, one day (after a while sober) I was able with God's help to toss the pills too. Just be wary about those Ativan, and don't trust your feelings - you will feel all kinds of ups and downs... Just part of drying out. That's just the body though - are you doing anything for your mind? That's where our addiction lives - it's that first thought of a drink that gets the ball rolling...then one drink and we're off to the races again... I know I would have lost it many times were it not for AA and my sponsor - WE can do this with God's help, but alone very few of us can make it. I hope you'll seek a meeting or at least keep posting here when you start to white-knuckle it. It gets better! God Bless.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Climber122 View Post
I used Lorazepam as well to help me through the crippling panic attacks alcohol caused in my body. Problem is since it's highly addictive I found I couldn't leave home without it. Thank God for AA, one day (after a while sober) I was able with God's help to toss the pills too. Just be wary about those Ativan, and don't trust your feelings - you will feel all kinds of ups and downs... Just part of drying out. That's just the body though - are you doing anything for your mind? That's where our addiction lives - it's that first thought of a drink that gets the ball rolling...then one drink and we're off to the races again... I know I would have lost it many times were it not for AA and my sponsor - WE can do this with God's help, but alone very few of us can make it. I hope you'll seek a meeting or at least keep posting here when you start to white-knuckle it. It gets better! God Bless.
Hi Climber,

I only have enough pills for three weeks. The doc wants to taper me off after that. In the mean time I've been attending AA twice a week and have started attending martial arts again 3x/ week. I see a psychotherapist once a week to work through some of the fears and anxieties, which for me are the triggers for drinking.

It's so much easier to not worry stuff when I'm drunk. Instead, this time, I'm trying to treat the cause and not the symptom.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoodbyeJose View Post
Hi Climber,

I only have enough pills for three weeks. The doc wants to taper me off after that. In the mean time I've been attending AA twice a week and have started attending martial arts again 3x/ week. I see a psychotherapist once a week to work through some of the fears and anxieties, which for me are the triggers for drinking.
This sounds like a good plan! Keep us posted on your progress. Wish you the best!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great to hear! You are on the right track - the fact that you understand there is an underlying problem is huge. All you need is the willingness to get sober, which you have, so you're off to a solid start. Message me if you get jammed up in the meantime - WE can do this.... God bless!