Notices

No motivation

Old 06-05-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No motivation

It's been almost a month since I finished my exams. It's been 2 weeks since my relapse. I am struggling. I have no motivation to do anything. Even getting up in the morning is a chore. I hate getting up in the morning because then I have to deal with other people and their opinions about my life. I had a session with my therapist yesterday. He thinks I should go into rehab for 28 days and we were discussing that. My father feels the same. I have no say in my own life and I am struggling.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

what is it you think you need Tetra?

D
Old 06-05-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Tetra, that could be the part of the reason why you picked up the drink in the first place. You have to take control of your own life. It's why I want to stay sober now. I am tired of other people in my life making choices for me.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hi Tetra

Is is not still your choice? Maybe your therapist and Father can see something you can't so easily and so are advising rehab, but it's still you who decides to engage with that, or not. Do you understand why they are suggesting rehab, and do you think they are right or wrong.

At the end of the day only you can live your life.

God bless +
Old 06-05-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sobriety at times for me too is emotionally and physically exhausting. Stay focused on H.A.L.T - Hungry, Angry, Lonely, and Tired. Feeling one or more can be trouble for someone trying to stay sober. I'm glad you are checking in about how you are Think about something fun that you could do or something that you could do for someone else....getting out of my own way helps me tons!