Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

got 60 days today and just finished step 7 as well

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I reached 60 days of sobriety and I just finished step 7 with my sponsor. We spent awhile on steps 6 and 7. Now I am moving onto step 8. I had a lot of questions for her today on step 7. Now I am supposed to read step 8 in the 12 by 12 and discuss it with her then I make my list. I don't know If some people will be willing to listen to my amends or to hear them out.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

You are making great progress Anoroha. Nearly on safe ground. It's fantastic to see and thank you for sharing your journey with us. Step 8 is about making the list, i got mine from my step 4, and becoming willing, that's all. You don't have to worry about step nine just yet.

When I got to nine I worked with my sponsor on determining appropriate action for each person/institution on my list, remembering to be hard on myself but always considerate of others. This was about other people, making things right with them.

It had nothing to do with making me feel better, they were free to react however they wanted. Some I could not make amends to because it would harm them or others, some could not be seen, some needed a considered approach, not a casual call out of the blue. When it came to actual amends, I asked the question (of the injured party) "what can I do to make this right for you"? They are the best ones to tell you what the amends should be. In all cases people surprised me with their generosity of spirit and their kindness. I was blown away.

I drew inspiration from the BB as well. Do you find, when you read the book up to step 7, particularly page 75 around the step 5 promises, that you are beginning to experience what the book describes? This is what happened to me. I now had solid proof that the Book is telling the truth and it gave me even more faith that I should push on and get the rest of the steps done.

All the best. I am filled with hope for you
Old 06-04-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 60 days and working through those steps!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wow
Old 06-05-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

60 days! you're doing something right!

It's great that your sponsor is helping you move through the steps. There is so much healing and growth to be found there.