Notices

I can't believe I relapsed :(

Old 06-02-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Torso View Post
argh i'm so angry with myself...

I picked up saturday after somone turned up at my house with vodka.
My gf then went out and got hammered and I secretly stayed home and got wasted on my own.

Ive been so drunk since...how my gf hasn't guessed is beyond me... I've been drinking over a litre of vodka a day and now im trying to cut back but it's so hard. I swear these detoxes get so much worse everytime, I think cus I quit eating? Maybe it's rebound anxiety too? I haven't slept since monday night...

urgh, I was enjoying my sobriety, I don't even know why i've done this.
hospital/rehab is not an option.

Take a look around you and ask yourself how you got there. Then work to changing all the things so that next time you get sober, you can work better to stay that way. Relapse is not a failure, its a speed-bump. Its so easy for addicts to think of themselves as failures when they relapse, but all that does is hurt your confidence and self esteem...............2 things one needs to make change in the first place. That is how the vicious cycle works. You drink, you feel low, the lowness keep you down, when you are down, you drink again. See how that works? So how can you work on your confidence? First step is realizing the fact you are willing to try sobriety at all is a sign you have something in you that wants more out of life, something that is screaming out for change and to be better. You haven't given up, so don't beat yourself up. Work through it, learn, try again.