Notices

Headed To Hospital For Detox.....

Old 05-28-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Headed To Hospital For Detox.....

Well I'm already getting sharp pains in my right side. I'm seeing spider webs & don't feel rite. I planned on drinking longer but my body can no longer handle the same amounts. I am so tired of detoxing. Since I relapsed a month ago I was able to have short 1 day slips. But couse,the monster came out of his cage. I just want to go to sleep & not wake up. I cannot take this sober life or this drunk life. My #1 priority when I get ouuta detox will be to find employment. I'm tired of being a public outcast. Staying sober & not working never helped me pay my bills or get a quality life. That is what i want.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Well I'm already getting sharp pains in my right side. I'm seeing spider webs & don't feel rite. I planned on drinking longer but my body can no longer handle the same amounts. I am so tired of detoxing. Since I relapsed a month ago I was able to have short 1 day slips. But couse,the monster came out of his cage. I just want to go to sleep & not wake up. I cannot take this sober life or this drunk life. My #1 priority when I get ouuta detox will be to find employment. I'm tired of being a public outcast. Staying sober & not working never helped me pay my bills or get a quality life. That is what i want.
Good decision!
Its never too late for good stuff to happen.
Felt like you often and picking up at 71.
Did de tox( 5 weeks) in 96 AND IMPROVED.
Bad sober life gets even worse with alcohol.
Back at A.A, ITS GOOD,not 'perfect' just good
God bless!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful

I'm glad you're headed to detox JF1. Your post reminded me of this passage from the big book. Sound familiar? That means others have felt like you do right now and have lived to get sober. I hope you find the help you need!

(btw the solution to this dilemma is on the same page )

Some day he will be unable to imagine life either with alcohol or without it. Then he will know loneliness such as few do. He will be at the jumping-off place. He will wish for the end.
A Vision For You: Chapter 11 pg 152 (1st edition)
Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you are going to get help Just. You seem like a good person just with problems like the rest of us. I hope you get through detox and find your way into something stable that will help you move forward. Please post when you can.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Sudz No More View Post
Glad you are going to get help Just. You seem like a good person just with problems like the rest of us. I hope you get through detox and find your way into something stable that will help you move forward. Please post when you can.
Thanx suds. I be leaving in a hour. I usually detox for 3-4 days & then go home. I fear I would have a alcohl seizurres like I've had in the past. I would be wiling togo to psych ward after the detox but I can't do another rehab. I've been to 8+ rehabs & I need other options. I exploring church as well this time as i feel only god can help me at this point.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

i feel only god can help me at this point.

You might just be right. All the best to you.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
i feel only god can help me at this point.

You might just be right. All the best to you.
No offense to the SR crowd or even personal AA friends but it just hasn't worked. i suppose it works for a while. Usually 6 months sometimes almost 1 year but the ending is same. I end up drunk n crazy.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Best of luck. Life is worth living, im slowly but surely figuring that out. Its the simple things man.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Good luck to you Just!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck Justfor1 - Thanks for sharing and I think this is a good step. Start with detox - you'll have plenty of time to plan your future, let's just make sure you make it through that door. Sounds like you've made a good decision, stick to it and stay the course pal.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hugs, Just!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

No offense to the SR crowd or even personal AA friends but it just hasn't worked. i suppose it works for a while. Usually 6 months sometimes almost 1 year but the ending is same. I end up drunk n crazy.
I was not referring aa...
Old 05-28-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Recovering

Good decision to go for detox.

Of course, as you know, you'll find it easier to find and maintain employment if you are sober.

God bless you Judtfor 1 +
Old 05-28-2013, 11:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Six months to a year is pretty good.

Imagine had the craziness been in all that clean time too.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Recovering

Maybe one thing worth reflecting on is whether AA stops working in 6-12 months, or whether you stop working the 12 steps around that time. If we think it's AA that is working or not we're probably looking in the wrong place. Trusting in God doesn't mean we also don't have to be committed to developing our sober life.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am glad to see you going to get help. There are many ways to achieve and maintain sobriety as I know that you already know. Since you want to try church this time perhaps check out Celebrate Recovery.

Keep us posted. We really DO care and want to see you make it.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good luck JF1. I'm very familiar with what your going through. After a long period in AA and not being successful My thinking was that it doesn't work also. I was told in a very firm way that it works fine but I'm not working it well at all. That opened my eyes and started doing what was suggested, often with early resentments. I needed to let go and follow others with more years than I thought possible to attain. A biggie I needed to concentrate on was the shite fairy in my head saying things that were no good for my health. GOOD LUCK AND BE WELL
Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am so glad you are getting help Just. Truly.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Just4!, this is great news!! You are making the right choice, I would listen to the drs, your way is not working (mine didnt either). Best to be safe and when your heads clearer maybe you could rethink the rehab thing, it could be what saves you in the long wrong.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I missed this cos I was away. I hope you got the help J41.

D