Notices

Where do I start?

Old 05-28-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Where do I start?

So basically I know I've had a drink problem for a while. I'm 23, I have bipolar, I don't drink every day but when I do it is always a mess and I always say I won't drink again and I despise it. But by the time the next time comes the craving is so strong nothing else matters.

This weekend I went to a festival drank so much I blacked out, came round in a police cell covered in cuts and bruises, no money, didn't no why I had been arrested remembered nothing and didn't find out that I was so drunk it took 6 police to hold me down until the next day. I hate alcohol and I don't want my life to go down this path. I have to much to live for and alcohol just leaves me hating life. I haven't eaten since Sunday, I can't bring myself to get out of bed. I just want to cry cause I feel so stuck. Sorry if anything here shouldn't be posted but I didn't know where else to go. Thanks
Old 05-28-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lonely...I have been there. I woke up one morning from jail. I had few flashbacks on what happened the night before but that was about it. I was taken in after driving while totally wasted. I was in for 48 hours. Once I got home, I was so scared, depressed, hated myself and just wanted to hide for the rest of my life.
I was sober for two months and then I went to have dinner and had a glass of red wine. Next day I had a dinner with another friend and had two glasses of wine...The next 3 months I was drinking 4 days binges 24/7.

Please don't do the same mistake I did. If you feel even close to what I felt, please use that feeling as a motivation. You will NEVER have to feel like that again. Everything happens for a reason. Just learn from this before it gets worse. Because with alcohol it will.

Take a few deep breaths and give yourself time to forgive you. You will be ok if you just don't take that first drink. You are not a horrible person, you have a disease which has control over your mind and body. The medication is right here, in this forum. Keep on reading and keep on posting. If I can do this, you can too
Old 05-28-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Next time you feel like drinking, log into SR and wait out the urge. You might also consider a face-to-face recovery support group. AA comes to mind but there are others. Taking action is a good way to get "unstuck" because doing nothing seems to lead you back to drinking.

Good luck.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i think you did the most important thing, you admitted you have a problem with alcohol and you hate it.
i had to make a complete change, i avoided alcohol completely, avoid all those who use it, and all areas that has alcohol.
then i found a substitute for that addiction, that was reading books, cooking and some exercising.
go to the chat room and talk to people real time for support
Old 05-28-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

you know with as bad as alcohol is it would almost be better if it killed you quick rather then suck the life out of you for decades!

quit now while you have the motivation as soon as you get a little leniant and you allow the booze to flow again thinking you got it under control next you know another decade or 2 goes by and you have many more stories like this under your belt or worse. Heck eventually situations like that become "normal" to you. Dont think you want that.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am sorry!! I am bipolar too, and we don't need to drink! I agree, log on here when you want to drink!