Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

What moment in your life made you think "I need to quit drinking..NOW"

Notices

What moment in your life made you think "I need to quit drinking..NOW"

Old 06-07-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

My drinking started taking a culminating effect. I was drinking every evening. I would then wake up at precisely 1AM every night and couldn't fall back asleep until 5. I had to get up at 6:30 for work. Days were filled with fatigue and horrible anxiety. I was just absolutely exhausted. On top of that, it came to accept that I could never seem to control my intake when drinking. Once the first sip came, it was all about getting more.

Some on here have talked about the anxiety. When I think of my drinking days now, I don't just remember being drunk every single night. I remember being hungover every day, having diarrhea almost every day, but most of all, I remember overwhelming anxiety and panic - feeling that most of the morning. I can't go back to that or I won't make it.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

When my friend was concerned I was going to end up like one of our close friends who died of a heroin overdose last summer.