Notices

went to a party that had a lot of booze

Old 05-27-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zjw

went to a party that had a lot of booze

I went to a party that had a lot of booze. I didnt know anyone so was up tight queit etc.. ya know the guy that probably should have a drink to loosen up etc.. I was just stopping in for a short while. I watched the others getting hammered i just sat quietly .Watched how they behaved i smelled there cigarettes and MAN did i smell there beer! I used to smoke like a chimney smelling the cigarettes i thought *sigh* i don tmiss that. Smelling the beer i was like OMG did i smell like that ? seeing how they acted i thought OMG i used act like that heck far worse even ya know (loud obnoxious drunk etc.) most where over weight seemed fairly un heathty (i was 275 at my prime drinking my brains out i'm 140lbs now). I got to thinking all these people are going to wake up feeling AWEFUL tommorrow but me? I'll get up feel great and go for a run etc.. and have another productive day i will have another day under my belt with no hangover!!!

I didnt feel as if iw as being deprieved at all. Quiete the opposite I felt rather repulsed by it !..

I feel sorta like that guy that doesnt drink and looks down on the ones that are at a party!

I guess this is a good change for me I coulda sat there twitching and eventually reached for a beer or 15... Oddly being disgusted made it easy to not even want it!

doubt I'm miraculously cured but happy to have a reminder of why i probably shouldnt go back to that habit.

Almost 2 years sober here!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your nearly 2 years zjw

D
Old 05-27-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thats awesome! I am so blessed. My family doesn't really drink and any gatherings I go to are AA or NA. Was a good weekend for me. Loved you post!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah luckily i dont run into the drinking at gatherings etc.. often all the immediate family doesnt drink. My wife managed to tell her family that i have a problem *sigh* so now they all walk on eggshells around me and wont drink. Wich i guess is great and all but I wish they understood that its ok if they wanna drink I"M THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM! I suppose its nice of them but it almost makes me feel awkward sitting there knowing they'd all probably love to drink but they dont want the wierd alcoholic guy to start twitching or something *sigh*

I guess it would feel awkward for them tho possibly getting all hammered in front of me knowing I have a problem. Sortay why i wanted it kept under wraps.

oh well whats done is done.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i went to one also, i had the same thoughts. in some way it was a god test to my drive to be sober. i in some way could not wait to get out of there.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
i was 275 at my prime drinking my brains out i'm 140lbs now
Wow!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah with the weight loss in my attempt to beat the anxiety panic and downright aweful feeling having quit booze and cigarettes i figured why not try and loose some weight maybe that'll help. Mainly I had hoped the exercise would help burn me out to a degree so i wouldnt be so on edge etc.. well one thing led to another now i run 3-8 miles a day and it helps keep my sanity go figure.