Notices

Bored/restless/ triggers

Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bored/restless/ triggers

Went out to eat tonight with the wife. It was nice but triggers all around ... Saw a few bars on the way with people drinking and playing corn hole, I know it sounds dumb but I "miss it" Not going to drink just venting. So much of my time was spent drinking I'm finding myself "bored" if I wasn't drinking I was at least looking forward to drinking in a couple days. I need a hobby lol. Sorry to vent but figured I'd get it out in the open to the wonderful community here! Gonna go out on some pajamas and read SR.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Weaver,
I know how you feel..restlessness and boredom are always a trigger for me.Also the nice weather makes me wanna let loose.
The best way for me to fight that trigger is to do anything to distract myself for a few minutes.It eventually goes away..at least for a little bit
This is hard but is worth no hangover in the morning!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, just feel complacent. With my new found (fragile) sobriety I just want to change everything ! My job is insanely high stressed but I need to pay the bills for my family. Wish I could just start over
Old 05-21-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know how you feel too! Saturday & Sundays are always really tough b/c I'm off work and always end up bored. I'll find myself drinking a bottle of wine early afternoon- as early as 12:30, followed by another trip to the store once the first bottle is gone. I'm gonna start filling the days with house cleaning, trips to the park with my baby girl, and hanging out with my family...ANYTHING to stay busy. I feel the most accomplished when I don't give in on days like that, as they are the most challenging.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am still going to play Corn Hole, cards, and tailgate at college football games. But...I will not drink alcohol. By no means is it going to be easy, but I've been drinking for 30 years and I am all too familiar with the consequences. There's no comparison to living sober.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm pretty miserable being in a drinking environment when not drinking
I had a few non drinking months and it did not get any easier but thats great that you have fun!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlcoholicOrNot View Post
I am still going to play Corn Hole, cards, and tailgate at college football games. But...I will not drink alcohol. By no means is it going to be easy, but I've been drinking for 30 years and I am all too familiar with the consequences. There's no comparison to living sober.
That's the spirit Woohoooo! U go!