Notices

Messed up

Old 05-21-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Messed up

Sucks but I slipped up and drank 4 beers last night , I had some in my fridge told myself I was going to have 2 at max but drank them all! I don't have anymore which is a good start but just disappointed is all, it always seems to win
Old 05-21-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Slip up's happen.

You cant change what you did last night. I can't change any of the s*** I did when I was drunk. I can't waste my time feeling guilty and obsessing over my past.

We can change today. Don't drink today. Wake up tomorrow sober, and refreshed & feeling good that you made it through another day sober.

And the beer and any other alcohol? Keep it out of the house if it is at all possible. Don't buy it. It's too much temptation. We tell ourselves "Oh just to have it" but that's BS if we have it we're gonna drink it, that's the nature of alcoholics.

So remove the temptation! If you live with others as I do, ask them to keep it out of common areas. I've found people are quite respectful of this.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

it always seems to win
It did for me too cleospinz - for a long time.

Then I decided to take to fight to my addiction.

I changed my life - I changed some of my friends, I changed the places I hung out, I avoided big boozy parties for a long time, and I stopped having alcohol in my house.

I really made headway once I started to really put some elbow grease into staying sober.

You can too...draw a line in the sand and start again

D
Old 05-21-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Cleospinz. Further proof that you can't trust yourself once it's in your system. It took me so long to finally admit that! There was no such thing as one or two for me. You can get back on track.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You guys are awesome! I'm just going to have to take it one day at a time, I just have these cravings it's hard to explain . How do you guys handle these cravings? What do you do? I know this sounds kind of crazy but I feel like its some dark side of me (demon) posses me , like I know I want to be sober and quite honestly I don't enjoy being drunk anymore but I drink ;/ .. I just don't want to end up like my father he is a Alcoholic but claims he isn't he just enjoys beer.. I just don't know where to draw the line, I think I will have to be one of those people that can't have it all , I'm going to try real hard not to go out and buy it , I just need to find out my triggers I guess

Once again thank you all for the awesome support!!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey there,

I would say you could do better than just "trying not to buy it". Are you able to go more than a day without alcohol? I know I couldn't. I needed classes, addiction therapy, treatment, and much much more. I wish I was stronger but I am not. There's no way I could have done it alone...do you have any plans in place to quit? Is your goal to quit completely?
Old 05-21-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jules

To me its knowing it starts at the first drink and if I don't have that first one I'm fine. No regrets. Of course I've come to that conclusion after trying many times just to have a couple.

The last time I drank I ended up pouring out the last 4 or 5 beers left over. Part of me wanted to keep them but I knew it was just the sick part wanting to "try again" one more time. So I dumped them out and it felt good and have been sober since then.