Notices

time to commit

Old 05-20-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

time to commit

hello everyone;i guess it;s time to make the full commitment; lots at stake; my marriage,my life,myself; never thought it would be me; i;m 44 a nurse with a wonderful husband and two sons; i can;t hide anymore; but i;m so embarrassed that it;s me that has this problem;it;s always been me; my husband has been so good through it all; the hiding, the slurring, the inappropriate behavoir; i;m so tired of waking up feeling shameful,disapointed in myself and having the last night;s memory be foggy; i live in mass,near worcester, if there is anyone out there in close proximity; i;d love to hear from you; i wal always embarrassed needing to go to meetings;but i so enjoyed them; today; i realized i need to go to meetings and put my embarrassment aside; i;m not hiding anything from anyone; they all know. please respond with some positive,inspirational quotes; quite sad today knowing; it;s time for me to relearn to live and recapture the happy person i once was.

thanks
karen
Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

One saying that comes to mind is "It's always darkest before the dawn..." I certainly found that to be true when I finally gave up the idea that I could control my drinking. I had no mental or emotional strength left when I got here, no positive feelings about myself..... it felt awful.

That was probably the worst day of my life but it was also the best day because my life finally changed direction at that point. Be good to yourself today - things really will get better.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you; i;m just so sad
Old 05-20-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by meangirl66 View Post
hello everyone;i guess it;s time to make the full commitment; lots at stake; my marriage,my life,myself; never thought it would be me; i;m 44 a nurse with a wonderful husband and two sons; i can;t hide anymore; but i;m so embarrassed that it;s me that has this problem;it;s always been me; my husband has been so good through it all; the hiding, the slurring, the inappropriate behavoir; i;m so tired of waking up feeling shameful,disapointed in myself and having the last night;s memory be foggy; i live in mass,near worcester, if there is anyone out there in close proximity; i;d love to hear from you; i wal always embarrassed needing to go to meetings;but i so enjoyed them; today; i realized i need to go to meetings and put my embarrassment aside; i;m not hiding anything from anyone; they all know. please respond with some positive,inspirational quotes; quite sad today knowing; it;s time for me to relearn to live and recapture the happy person i once was.

thanks
karen
I was 45 when I finally crashed & burned. The AA meetings were/are my salvation. I hope you commit to them.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 05-20-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober starting May 19, 2013

I'm 53 and have just barely missed spiralling directly into the ground. I was one sick SOB this past weekend.

I now see that I've been given a "grace period", and I hope I'm wise enough to accept it with all of the gratitude it deserves.