Notices

haven't posted in a while...need support/advice

Old 05-19-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

haven't posted in a while...need support/advice

Hi everyone. it appears i haven't posted in a while...been visiting...just didn't have anything to say i guess! well, my mom passed away yesterday. we were very close. i am thinking about drinking for a while maybe. its been 40 months since my last drink...(you can do the math : ) haha. i have my dad's 30-year chip in front of me for inspiration. thank you...
Old 05-19-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

I'm so sorry. So very, very sorry. I'm very close with my mother and I know I'd want to drink too.

She wouldn't want you to, though. I don't know what you do with a grief that big but I don't think you can drown it, and I don't think she would want you to try.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you fantail. i cant seem to cry yet. i am not a crier by nature. the last time i cried was the first night i spent in treatment. and that was the first time since 2004 when my dad died. my mom didnt care if i drank or didnt drink. she was just that way. but i thank you for the sentiment....i wouldnt mind some type of medication maybe...i have some adivan. just makes me sleep, which is not a problem for me. i sleep very well even under stress. thank you...God bless