Notices

Back On The Sober Wagon....

Old 05-15-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Back On The Sober Wagon....

I got to see my Dr. this week. He seems to think I may be bi-polar but I'm not sure. He did agree with me that I was a chronic alcoholic & addict though. I am doing construction week all this week with a friend who owns a business. It's kinda dangerous as it is blacktopping roofs & installing aluminum siding. The good news is that I have to be sober because I could fall off if I was drunk. The bad news is that when he pays me at the end of the job how will I handle the money? I can't keep $20 in my pocket much less $300. I like working outdoors though & it keeps me busy.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is really great to hear. Is there someone you could trust your money with? Don't you live with family?
I am a massage therapist so much of my money comes from my tips. I don't know why, but when I have cash on me, I just spend it on crap. I don't event think about it, and it is gone. I have found that giving a good portion to my husband to hold on to for me helps a lot and I actually save it. I can have it any time I want, but not having it directly on me just helps.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by babycat View Post
That is really great to hear. Is there someone you could trust your money with? Don't you live with family?
I am a massage therapist so much of my money comes from my tips. I don't know why, but when I have cash on me, I just spend it on crap. I don't event think about it, and it is gone. I have found that giving a good portion to my husband to hold on to for me helps a lot and I actually save it. I can have it any time I want, but not having it directly on me just helps.
It just helps having to be held accountable I guess.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by babycat View Post
I use to work in high end restaurants. Usually as a server or, sometimes, bartender. I was very good at it. I found it hard to budget as well. I suppose it may be a good thing I was denied my taxi permit.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Now I awoke my gambling problem. I lost have of my money playing video poker. I was thinking, at least, drinking is cheaper & I will get to feel something from it. Of course, alcohol/drugs are monsters on my back as well. Prior to 3 months ago I hadn't gambled in years. Never even had the urge to gamble.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Have you thought about going to rehab, then attending meetings and working the steps? Kicking the addiction to the curb and becoming a better person? There are a lot of us who USED to be like you, who have taken pro-active steps and turned our life's around. You DON'T need to live like you are, you know.