Notices

The Gift of Sobriety, and TRUE SURRENDER!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Gift of Sobriety, and TRUE SURRENDER!

Good day today so far. Woke up at 8am. Ate a healthy breakfast. Did an intense 45 min cardio exercise. Went to meet with the coordinator for the local community garden. Got a 20x10 Organic Plot. Hiked 4 miles. Got home at noon, and ate a healthy lunch. Its now 12:30pm. I think back to a little over 2 years ago, and say to myself. "****... I'd still be in bed with a hangover, and not get up to 2-3pm!" Its amazing the gifts of Sobriety gives you.

On a side note, I started attending AA meetings. I attribute a lot of this to that, and working with others. At 1.5 years of sobriety, I just about went insane with Anxiety, and Depression. I tried curing myself with exercise, and vitamins hahahaha. As if I could EXERCISE my alcoholism away... The way us alcohol think is just ridiculous sometimes..

Anyways, I simply was dieing of untreated alcoholism. Plain and simple. It wasn't until I completely surrendered to it, faced my problems head on, started working the steps, got my ass to AA meetings where I needed to be ALL ALONG (but didn't want to admit it), got a sponcer - it was only then I got to see the true gift of sobriety.

If any of you think you can do it alone, my experience should tell you otherwise. This is a real disease people. It can strike at any moment, and with no warning what so ever. Take it from me.. At 1.5 years sober I was a mess, and about had a complete mental breakdown. Even then I still wouldn't admit internally I needed to be in AA. I still held on to my pride, and this only worsened the Anxiety and Depression. When I finally laid my false pride down, is when I began to see the true miracles within sobriety.

We can't do this alone. I know that now. AND WE DON'T HAVE TOO!

I hope you all have a blessed day, and your soul is filled with all that desires.

-Ryan
Old 05-15-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
oak

Sobriety is fantastic. I can do so much more sober - like aikido and bike riding, etc.

I am amazed that I ever even want to drink, given how much more enjoyable sobriety is for me.

Glad you are enjoying it too.