Notices

Two weeks behind me now.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober starting May 19, 2013

Two weeks behind me now.

Yesterday marked the two-week anniversary of my sobriety. I was sorely tempted on Saturday, as I had the perfect opportunity to drink. I was able to resist, but just barely.

So now I'm on day 15.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is great that you have been able to put some time under your belt. This way you know that you can make it through the weekend or other tough times during the week for you without drinking. Finding alternatives and ways to keep yourself busy is really important. I have a list I keep of things that I can do to refer to when I'm not thinking clearly...I keep mine on the fridge. The saying is that you have to change people, places, and things when you get sober....they aren't kidding. While I don't really attend AA meetings right now, I find reading the AA Big Book really helpful. If you don't have one you could get one at a meeting or your local library I'm sure has a copy.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober starting May 19, 2013

Thanks, Soberclover...

In celebration of two weeks of sobriety, I bought myself a brand new chainsaw! I've got some dead trees in the back yard that have to come down. I'd normally do it by hand (I'm pretty good at it), but one of the trees is *BIG*. Decided there ain't no way I'm gonna get all the way through it on my own steam. So in true guy fashion, I bought me a power tool and now I'm in a state of bliss!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Good for you. Saturdays were - and still are - my hardest day. I have to structure me weekends very carefully. But it does get easier as time goes by. Good luck.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Well done!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations, Busby! I remember that 2-week point vividly.... there were still lots of cravings, but that's when I started to be hopeful that I just might be able to get through it (one day at a time, of course). Keep hanging in there - it just gets better....... Enjoy cutting those trees!