Notices

Is this alcohol withdrawal??

Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this alcohol withdrawal??

So for the past month I have been drinking every evening 5-6 drinks sometimes 7. Then I decided to cut back. I went 5 days without drinking, then I drank 2 days during the evening my usual 6 drinks, then I stopped for 3 days, then resumed for 3 more evenings drinking, now I stopped for 5 days again and drank Friday and Saturday evening. Now Sunday evening I have anxiety and worried feelings. I notice on a few occasions sometimes I will feel fine during the next day after drinking but when the evening comes I get anxious and sometimes panicky feeling? Is this part of the withdrawal??
Old 05-12-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talk to your doctor if you are feeling unwell.

But in my experience, yes this is withdrawls. I had similar symptoms and then was prescribed a cocktail of anti-depressants and anxiety medication to go with it. Before you know it I was in a hospital with tubes coming out of me. You aren't new at this, right?

So let's cut the BS - do you want help diagnosing withdrawl symptoms or do you want help quitting alcohol? Your doctor can do the first part. The second part is up to you, it starts with a true desire to quit drinking.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Happiness & Gratefullness NOW

Yes , it could be. Take your blood pressure and heart rate. If its really high, you might try a trip to the dr?