Notices

Back in Rehab after 2 yrs Sober

Old 05-09-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
High on Life

Back in Rehab after 2 yrs Sober

Well I returned to rehab this week, not as a patient, but as a therapist. As some of you may know, I'm working on my Ph.D. in Counseling and I needed to pick up some hours working with families. I'm working with families and adolescents and so far it has been an interesting experience. It's kind of funny, when I was there, I did see this as a small possibility, but I didn't give it too much thought. It's been amazing so far being able to work with patients and their families, offering my experience, strength, and hope. Kind of different being on the other side, but I feel I have something special to offer and knew this would be a worthwhile experience for myself as well as for the patients.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The best Therapists for patients in addiction treatment would be those that have been there themselves. Someone who knows what they're talking about from personal experience, not just because they read it in a journal. Awesome come back.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The title you picked for this thread is very sly. "Back in Rehab after 2 yrs Sober." When I clicked it I thought it would be a sad story about a horrendous relapse. But instead....

Made me smile. Congratulations!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
The title you picked for this thread is very sly. "Back in Rehab after 2 yrs Sober." When I clicked it I thought it would be a sad story about a horrendous relapse. But instead....

Made me smile. Congratulations!
Yeah I bet that's what some of the people were hoping that don't like me on here, but nope, not today!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, very cool. I would love to hear the story of how you took that path sometime. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I, too, am in the field. I have learned that it is REALLY important to take care of yourself! I hope you learn/have learned some techniques along the way!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is what I would love to do! good for you!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I want to do this too. How cool. You inspire me. Congrats and way to go for helping others; with your education and experience combined you will be such a valuable asset!