Notices

Slip

Old 05-09-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I didn't realize the day-count thing was going to be focused on, I wasn't even thinking straight when I posted, but I do hear what everyone is saying about being honest with myself. I'm also not trying to minimize what I did by referring to it as a "slip"--just that I'm not drinking today, but rather have been talking to my therapist, my rehab counselor and using this forum to get feedback.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thereunconfined View Post
I didn't realize the day-count thing was going to be focused on, I wasn't even thinking straight when I posted, but I do hear what everyone is saying about being honest with myself. I'm also not trying to minimize what I did by referring to it as a "slip"--just that I'm not drinking today, but rather have been talking to my therapist, my rehab counselor and using this forum to get feedback.
good on ya!!! iffen yer anything like me, ya may have spent many years havin them conversations with yerself. usin my own thinkin to fix me didnt work too good. finding people that had been there,done that and have a solution was amazing. some of the time i say,' now how come i didnt think of that!?!?!? ohhhh. my thinkers broke, thats why!"
Old 05-10-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thereunconfined View Post
Are you attending AA meetings?

Commitment to AA was the answer to getting & keeping me sober, sane and recovering.

All the best.

Bob R