Notices

What have I gotten myself into /:

Old 05-08-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ok I'm being admitted tomorrow. They're doing blood work and something with my urine to see what the best approach is based off those. But really if they can keep panic attacks and hallucinations from coming on this will be a cake walk for me.

I CAN'T WAIT to come home sober again and use the four half gallon bottles of whiskey for target practice. Never again will I touch this. Cigarettes are going after this too.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by citers0506 View Post
Ok I'm being admitted tomorrow. They're doing blood work and something with my urine to see what the best approach is based off those. But really if they can keep panic attacks and hallucinations from coming on this will be a cake walk for me.

I CAN'T WAIT to come home sober again and use the four half gallon bottles of whiskey for target practice. Never again will I touch this. Cigarettes are going after this too.
Nick-

Hey bud hope all is ok. Let me give you a little "pep talk" (hope you don't mind).

When I was your age I had similar problems with panic attacks and such, I always turned to booze for the answer. It wasn't until the mid 20's or so that wd symptoms replaced hangovers, and my 2-3 day nightly benders turned into 8-12 day non stop drinking...then 3 or so days of wd hell. Rinse....repeat.

Fast forward 15 years and now I am 37....well, let's just say if I could go back to 22 and do things over I would do it in a second. Because now.....I have thrown away basically everything and about to enter jail for an ambien enduced bender which landed me behind the wheel and in a wreck. I have abused about every substance on earth and it all started with booze. We all have our stories so I won't tell a life story, but it isn't pretty. I am a guy who had everything a young man could ask/work for and pissed it ALL away.

Please bud, do what you gotta do and get that poison out of your life......don't end up like me.

Rooting for you. - TJ
Old 05-08-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Please come back and let us know how you are. I am so glad you went to the hospital.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You've got this. Your attitude is great and they're going to help you get through this safely. Good going. They can help you with the anxiety, but it will get better too as time goes by with sobriety. My son rarely experiences it now that he's sober, and when he does get anxious over something it's mild and he's learned how to cope. Best wishes and please let us know how you're doing once you get out of the hospital.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I appreciate it tj!! I'm gonna be just fine. Ill disappear for maybe a week but ill be back with good news!

Random question when your addicted to alcohol does anybody else hands and face/lips tingle really bad? Does that mean your body is crying cause it does have enough alcohol or needs more? I just hate this tingling crap it's like I have a micro amount of electricity running through my hands and face. I'm not supposed to stop or lower my alcohol they said until I'm admitted but I always used a Dixie cup not a shot glass so I have no idea of the measurements. So last night I gotta deal with this but does my crybaby body need more or had to much is the problem?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I appreciate it tj!! I'm gonna be just fine. Ill disappear for maybe a week but ill be back with good news!

Random question when your addicted to alcohol does anybody else hands and face/lips tingle really bad? Does that mean your body is crying cause it does have enough alcohol or needs more? I just hate this tingling crap it's like I have a micro amount of electricity running through my hands and face. I'm not supposed to stop or lower my alcohol they said until I'm admitted but I always used a Dixie cup not a shot glass so I have no idea of the measurements. So last night I gotta deal with this but does my crybaby body need more or had to much is the problem?
Everybody has different reactions, but the fact is when someone is dependent on alcohol...(not medical advice here) the body is dehydrated, malnourished, and overall not in a good way. I remember before my first rehab a few years ago, they told me not to quit before I was picked up at the airport by them, to try to stay consistent and keep enough in me to get by so my body wouldn't seize or go into shock. It is a very touchy and individual thing as far as how much or how one reacts. Everyone has a different make up.

For me, before I agreed to go to rehab....the last few days I was pretty much confined to the couch and my insides felt like they were eating themselves up....and at times my skin did tingle a bit, but physically I was so wrecked it was one of many things. It was horrible, but I couldn't stop. In fact, when they picked me up at the airport in L.A. it was a 4 hour drive to destination, and they had to stop at a bar to get me a few drinks because I was shaking and sweating after not drinking for 3-4 hrs.

Bottom line.....it is not a pass to just get wasted, but try to just keep the edge off is what I was told. Once in their care at the facility I could medically detox.

I will most be pulling for you....please take this as an opportunity to get this done now.....you can do it!!

Are you on any other meds? If so make sure to tell them everything so they can help you.

Edit....on second thought they will test you but all I am saying is be very honest with your past medical history
Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

One more thing.....the biggest mistake I made after rehab was thinking "I got this" and was too confident. I had been sheltered and cared for over 28 days, so once I got back to the real world I figured mission accomplished. Did no meetings, didn't protect myself with support from others. My advice, once you get detoxed jump head first into recovery and take it serious. Write down in a journal how you are feeling right now and what got you to this point, and read it every day if need be.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjhook View Post
One more thing.....the biggest mistake I made after rehab was thinking "I got this" and was too confident. I had been sheltered and cared for over 28 days, so once I got back to the real world I figured mission accomplished. Did no meetings, didn't protect myself with support from others. My advice, once you get detoxed jump head first into recovery and take it serious. Write down in a journal how you are feeling right now and what got you to this point, and read it every day if need be.
All I'm going to remember is the PURE fear from the panic attacks and hallucinations. I saw/heard/ and FELT HORRIFIC things. Fingers popping out if every hole in my face. Was the worst. I'm scared of alcohol now like I said after this; NEVER again. And that's a fact not my opinion. Thanks so much for the info and support
Old 05-08-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

All I'm going to remember is the PURE fear from the panic attacks and hallucinations. I saw/heard/ and FELT HORRIFIC things. Fingers popping out if every hole in my face. Was the worst. I'm scared of alcohol now like I said after this; NEVER again. And that's a fact not my opinion. Thanks so much for the info and support
My man,

Please, please, please write down what you just said on paper, put it in your wallet or somewhere you can always have it handy, and read it anytime you start getting urges. Trust me, after you sober up it will be easy to forget how bad it can get.

Proud of you for doing what you need to do...but be prepared for post-detox.

I will unfortunately not be here I a week when you get back, I will be incarcerated for abusing medications/alcohol. Maybe it is great that our paths are crossing tonight.....I just don't want you to end up like me. In 90 or so days when I am released I hope to come on these boards and find out how great you are doing.

Kick ass!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I've only been drinking for like a month like this. Just started cause of physical pain made the mistake of drinking for a week straight at all times as a relief. Before that was strictly social maybe every three months. So I don't think it will be bad if I can just get off of it ya know? And The probable reason I'm able to drink almost a half gallon of whisky in a day is my genetics. My parents were SUCH drug and alcohol abusers and then they conceived me during their peaks so I have a MASSIVE tolerance to drugs and alcohol. And that is probably the biggest help, I don't EVER want to be like them.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I've only been drinking for like a month like this. Just started cause of physical pain made the mistake of drinking for a week straight at all times as a relief. Before that was strictly social maybe every three months. So I don't think it will be bad if I can just get off of it ya know? And The probable reason I'm able to drink almost a half gallon of whisky in a day is my genetics. My parents were SUCH drug and alcohol abusers and then they conceived me during their peaks so I have a MASSIVE tolerance to drugs and alcohol. And that is probably the biggest help, I don't EVER want to be like them.
Just don't forget...to be able to drink that much at such a young age is a horrible sign for things to come in the future if not handled.

You and I must have similar tolerances....I was always the last man standing in drinking games and parties....and when it got to be everyday it was about 15-20 shots of jager PLUS a 750ml bottle of vodka daily.

It doesn't matter why you started, what matters is where it got you and what it could end up doing to you (the liver can go by-by early in life).

Whatever motivates you bro, I just don't want you to forget these times.

On your side - TJ
Old 05-08-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

By the way I hope you don't think I am saying too much because I keep posting, it just concerns me about your tolerance and at your age being in this condition. I like how motivated you are though......you got this.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjhook View Post

Whatever motivates you bro, I just don't want you to forget these times.
I will never forget what it induced and put me through. I'm NEVER going back to this for pain/comfort relief. Your awesome though TJ! Thank you for all the support!! Plus the cigarettes are next
Old 05-08-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I will never forget what it induced and put me through. I'm NEVER going back to this for pain/comfort relief. Your awesome though TJ! Thank you for all the support!! Plus the cigarettes are next
Glad for you....keep us updated!!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Oh you all will be the first to hear as soon as I go three rounds in the octagon with this alcohol and knock it the **** out in round one
Old 05-09-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

These panic Attacks are landing some decent punches though /:
Old 05-09-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Haha I'm a dumb*** my lip really is cut I thought the panic attack was legitimately causing pain. Nevermind I got this no problem.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Well about to go into my hospital room. Rangers lead the way
Old 05-09-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes

D
Old 05-09-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good luck, can't wait to hear back from you telling us that you've got a week alcohol-free!!