Notices

just messed up in the head..

Old 05-04-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just messed up in the head..

hello,
have not been to the site in a few..... I am still sober, coming up to 5 months. honestly, I have been on the verge of drinking quite often lately, however, I don't feel like going through all of the crap getting sober again after. It was so hard to stop last time. anyway, I have to chair a meeting tonite, which i don't want to do. I just feel like I don't have any business chairing anything considering my attitude. I have not been to too many meetings the last two weeks, just over it. I know that sounds like a cop-out. I had a work situation a month ago, and since then I have went to the negative space again thinking life just sucks, being sober sucks, and not to ever expect anything good, as life is just up and down...... pretty negative eh..... sorry if i bummed anyone out......
Old 05-04-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petewill View Post
hello,
have not been to the site in a few..... I am still sober, coming up to 5 months. honestly, I have been on the verge of drinking quite often lately, however, I don't feel like going through all of the crap getting sober again after. It was so hard to stop last time. anyway, I have to chair a meeting tonite, which i don't want to do. I just feel like I don't have any business chairing anything considering my attitude. I have not been to too many meetings the last two weeks, just over it. I know that sounds like a cop-out. I had a work situation a month ago, and since then I have went to the negative space again thinking life just sucks, being sober sucks, and not to ever expect anything good, as life is just up and down...... pretty negative eh..... sorry if i bummed anyone out......
Man u bummed me out!!! Just kidding, it's gonna take a lot more than that to bum me out and I think that is because I have a attitude of gratitude. But I know what it's like to fall into a slump when cutting down on meetings and even feel resentful that I have to go to meetings so much, but the alternative is picking up with all it's consequences. What step r u working? R u reaching out to newcomers? How about considering being a greeter at your meetings? Nothing pulls me out of self more than helping a newcomer or anyone for that matter. Don't stay where you are at for to long cuz you know in your heart that , that self will, will lead you back to a drink in a heartbeat.

God Bless! What u grateful for today? I am grateful for you cuz u took me outta me!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thx deeker........unfortunately, i'm pretty slack in the steps, just finishing step 2....... i'll just try and deal with chairing this evening..
Old 05-04-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you're still feeling low.
I might have missed it - did you see that Dr, Pete?

D
Old 05-06-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I find that the best way to get through the lows is just to ride them and know that it'll pass and that drinking won't make it better. Sometimes focusing attention on something else helps. Although doing service work may seem like a drag, it may just provide you with "something to do". Attitude is a state of mind. We can change our thinking from negative to positive. No one "has" to feel down. When I try to remember why I felt crappy last week I can't recall it, the reasons were in my head and just part of everyday delusion, my dark imaginings never eventuated so why did I put myself through that negative train of thought. As an alcoholic I often over exaggerate and over compensate, I turn minor issues into major dramas and catastrophes. All in the head, we are at the mercy of our minds. If we can tame that beast or at least quieten the "voice" we get can get through the day. One of the ways I like to look at negative or defeatist thinking is that its psychological warfare being waged by my inner addict. The "beast" is trying to undermine me with every negative thought. Once I pay attention to that thought, it feeds it and makes it louder. Like clever advertising the image of a beer bottle come into my head and I can almost hear the jingle "wouldn't a coldie make your blues go way, give me a four x mate!". It's a warning sign and a trap, a pattern of thinking that leads to alcohol. Remember: