Notices

Destroying My Life With Booze....

Old 05-01-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

...and you are no failure. Failures don't share their feelings - they isolate and give up.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
...and you are no failure. Failures don't share their feelings - they isolate and give up.
I'm a failure regarding the career department. I no longer even care much about sobriety. I was close to 1 yr sober & still without a job.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

you say stealing? are you serious? what are you stealing? As much as you like to think you have the worst situation there are billions around the world that would probably change places with you
Old 05-01-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
you say stealing? are you serious? what are you stealing? As much as you like to think you have the worst situation there are billions around the world that would probably change places with you
I do not care about poor kids in other countries & all those analogies. I have very little sympathy for others. I feel emotionally dead. I think I am seriously brain damaged from extensive alcohol/crack use. As far as stealing, in my opinion, being a criminal is more respectable than a low bottom drunk.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I think you are an alcoholic that is clinically depressed and needs to be on some meds and off of alcohol and drugs and you need to work the steps and have a spiritual awakening.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
I think you are an alcoholic that is clinically depressed and needs to be on some meds and off of alcohol and drugs and you need to work the steps and have a spiritual awakening.
I did finally see a new Dr. after 10months. I had to beg & plead just for an appointment. The depression & mental illness is even more dangerous than the alcohol/drugs.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I wish I could say something that would magically heal u but I cant. But I do know one thing. If u dont stop u could kill someone getting behind the wheel after drinking. Thats twenty years in the pen. Not to mention a loss of life. Take ur drinking seriously. It could kill you. Please get help. Stay with us here at sr. We love you!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

JF1, This is just my observation from reading your posts. I obviously don't know you as a person, but what you are describing in your posts is no different than hundreds of stories I've heard from sober, recovered, happy, useful alcoholics in the rooms of AA. You're describing untreated alcoholism. I do not believe for a second that you are beyond help.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
The worst part is now I have to fix my car. I nearly totaled it & had to get a private tow truck to take it off the fence. I got a ticket for "leaving the scene" as well.
I DID total my car.....that was my 3rd DUI in the last 10 years so I am heading to court/jail in about a week. Did it on ambien not booze, and nobody was hurt. But damn man, could you imagine getting in an accident in a blackout and waking to find out someone died. Wow
Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjhook View Post
I DID total my car.....that was my 3rd DUI in the last 10 years so I am heading to court/jail in about a week. Did it on ambien not booze, and nobody was hurt. But damn man, could you imagine getting in an accident in a blackout and waking to find out someone died. Wow
I can't even imagine. THAT is a sobering thought.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Just, I hope you come back and tell us you are okay and ready to dry out. The longer you drink the $hittier it is going to be.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

As far as stealing, in my opinion, being a criminal is more respectable than a low bottom drunk.
But, what if you're both?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjhook View Post
I have known several alcoholics who have a death on their hands. Thank goodness that is still one of my "yets". A wonderful woman I met in AA tells the most awful story of driving home in a blackout one night. An hour or so after she got home there was a loud banging at the door and it was the police to tell her she had killed a 10 yr-old boy. She did not believe it until the police showed her her car with remnants of his shirt in the grill on the front.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

The longer you swim in the whirlpool the harder it is to get out, Just.

I hope you find some spark of value in yourself - you deserve better - and so do those who love and care about you.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Well its been about a week of returning to drinking & it's bad. I guzzling bottles of vodka & not eating. I ran my car up a 2foot curb because I was in a blackout. I fell down & sprained my wrist while running away from the scene. Been to the emergency room & walked out with my IV. Threatened to beat up a neighbor. Broke up with my girlfriend & stole from a family member. I am not suicidal but I am not afraid to die. I just don't know why I do this to myself. It is very sick.

It's the first drink you have to stay away from.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm a failure regarding the career department. I no longer even care much about sobriety. I was close to 1 yr sober & still without a job.
I am 5 days sober and 3 years without a job. What does that tell you? There are some people that have it just as bad(no disrespect). I have a story to tell. pm me and I'll enlighten you.Maybe you'll start feeling better about yourself if you talk to people who are in the same boat.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
I have known several alcoholics who have a death on their hands. Thank goodness that is still one of my "yets". A wonderful woman I met in AA tells the most awful story of driving home in a blackout one night. An hour or so after she got home there was a loud banging at the door and it was the police to tell her she had killed a 10 yr-old boy. She did not believe it until the police showed her her car with remnants of his shirt in the grill on the front.

I can't even begin to imagine having to live with that for the rest of your life. So beyond sad.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Huh?

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
This is precisely why I HATE the online acronym "FML." Really? Your life is THAT bad compared to 7B other people?
Old 05-11-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Huh?

First world problems.....
Old 05-11-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

May I ask how long you were sober before all this happened?