Notices

Recommitting

Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you, Deckard! Raw is definitely the right word!! It's good to know it passes and the analogy to the dental procedure helped for sure!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning All! Day #4 and still going strong. It's amazing how much alcohol pops into your daily life once you've decided you're getting sober for good! Last night we took KFC to my father-in-law and he insisted that white wine goes great with fried chicken. I'm a sucker for white whine but am more scared of drinking than wanting a drink, I think. After several offers from him and a few "are you sures?", I was able to convince him that a nice ice water sounded way better to me. Whew! Have a great day!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Castle545 View Post
After several offers from him and a few "are you sures?", I was able to convince him that a nice ice water sounded way better to me.
What's keeping you from telling your in-laws that you've quit drinking? You shouldn't have to fight off offers to drink from anyone, much less family.

Telling people you quit, accountability is a great way to slam the back door on any thoughts of backing out of your vow to quit.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I do understand your point and know that I am going to have to tell them seeing as the situation has come up twice this week alone. Thanks for your comment!