Notices

8am and drinking!

Old 04-28-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

I'd recently been hanging out with fellow drinkers on Sunday. We called our get togethers the Church of the Bloody Mary... Let us know if there's anything we can do to help. Try to break the pattern somehow...
Old 04-28-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome casa! You are not alone - you have us. We're so glad you joined.

I drank in the morning, too - matter of fact I drank 24/7 in the end. I thought I was helping myself cope with life, but I was doing just the opposite. We need to grieve and feel emotions - we only damage ourselves by trying to mask everything with booze. You already know that, or you wouldn't have reached out for help. I'm glad you want a better life for yourself - your mother would never want to be the cause of this, I'm sure. Stay with us and keep posting. You can turn it all around and have a new beginning.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
one of many

Hi friend, please keep on trying. I use all the support I can get, AA, Psychiatrist, counselors, church and websites like Sober recovery. If you surround yourself with help and recovery you can break through this depression. Drinking in the morning is the hallmark of the alcoholic it seems, we can't stand the night or the day. Virtual hugs going your way.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

At the end of my drinking, I would wake up and go straight for the wine bottle. That routine lasted for a couple months. It was then that I crossed the line into non-functioning status. I think that once you cross that line, you have no choice but to stop or you'll go to a very dark place. Your body does not have an opportunity to function without alcohol present and you become dependent upon it for survival. Eventually you will begin waking up in the middle of the night and need more alcohol just to sleep the rest of the night. It's a horrible pattern. I am thankful that I now wake up in the morning refreshed, alert and able to enjoy the day, just as god intended.