Notices

My first test in recovery and I won

Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first test in recovery and I won

So things got hectic and I decided to go for a drive. Of course the first thought through my head was stopping for beer. But to be honest it just didn't seem appealing to me, I don't know just nothing about the idea attracted me. The vision in my head and the imagined taste on my palate just seemed gross. I nevertheless still fed into the compulsion for a little while. Months back I would have caved in right then and sucked down some quickies. Then I would have been like "aww F*** it" and would have bought a big ole' box and suckled on em.

Instead I pulled into the Dunkin Donuts and parked on the side of the Chinese restaurant to smell the grease for a little while. I reflected for a while how such a gross smelling area could produce such tasty food and how gross we all are liking that. I should have bought an Egg Roll just to feed into the new temporary obsession but instead I walked into the Dunkin Donuts for a Coffee.

The girl at the counter was hard of hearing so I calmly asked for my Coffee a second time and hopped back in the car. I took a long drive up the Mountain and circled back home.

Coffee in hand I sit here writing this thinking "Well doesn't that beat all?" A new chapter to be written and I am reflecting now how this DD Coffee actually kind of sucks. Damn Starbucks, I'm getting used to the burnt taste.
So some guy in Seattle burns his Coffee beans and now he's charging $3.00 a cup.

All in a day, may tomorrow bring more of the same.

Still Sober and hope you all are too. Have a great night everyone.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, it does "beat all". Congratulations!

Funny, as I was reading your post, a Dunkin' Donuts commercial came on TV. Now I want coffee.