Notices

letting people know how i'm doing.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Random Guy

letting people know how i'm doing.

Hey everyone. I have been posting in my "month club" but not here and I thought I should let those people that helped me out so much or at least tried so hard despite my stubbornness, know that I am doing alright. I have a little over 90 days put together now, which if you do the math means that rehab wasn't exactly successful. But I have been going to meetings every day and working with a sponsor. It seems to be doing the trick. No disrespect to any other methods I tried, there was a certain amount of success but my life a few months ago was just not helpful when it comes to being sober. I know that a person can get sober no matter what but I wasn't able to hold onto it where I was.

Anyhow, doing good now, not perfect but it is nice to go to meetings and be able to be honest. I have a couple friends, and am comfortably sober for now. I am still cracking away at the steps as I don't want to be the person that didn't do the work and goes out after 3, 6, 9 months or more than a year. And have been going to a meeting at least once a day, sometimes twice, not because I feel I need it, but because I don't want to need it. Preventative maintenance I guess. Plus I know that I am not there at all yet, just working in a more positive direction.

Thanks again for all the help I may stop in here a little more often as I learn a little more about staying sober and get some more free time in my schedule.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Great to hear. You certainly put some hurdles in front of your recovery. I see you've cleared them. Continued success.
--carl