Notices

head removal assistance required

Old 04-22-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

head removal assistance required

I have had a horrible head day...my skull has been full of distorted thoughts regarding a litany of my failures and inadequacies...i wonder if this is yet another means of my alcohnlic head 2 get me to drink..if so it can go and get f+?,ed..i have my head above the surface and am holding on against the current..would some one please lend me a hacksaw and a cranial drill so i can cut it off and take it bowling??

Many thanx
v
Old 04-22-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

It was at my lowest point that i discovered what those in AA would call my higher power. It was reflected light off the water droplets in the shower. I paid attention to them for a while, than i noticed other reflections in the room. When i left the house i started to notice all sorts of reflections from all manner of smooth and not so smooth surfaces. It was the start of my journey out of my head.

I hope you find your way Vandermast
Old 04-22-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here's something to make you smile

When I was a little girl I used to watch a television programme in the UK called 'Worzel Gummidge'. It was not a cartoon, it was acted by actors. Most people my age in the UK know it.

He was a scarecrow who got up to no good and in all sorts of trouble.
He was also madly in love with a wooden doll called Aunt Sally.
All he wanted to do was take Aunt Sally for a 'nice cup of tea and a slice of cake'.
I thought Aunt Sally was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

He had two heads.
A winter head and a summer head.
I used to wish I could be like Worzel and change my heads and leave my bad thoughts behind.

I understand how you feel.
I have felt it myself and sometimes I could scream because he seems like I am being punished by my own thought process.

Maybe you could go on You Tube and have a watch of Worzel Gummidge.
Might make you smile and take your mind off other things.

My best to you
Old 04-22-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi Vandermast!

Are you familiar with AVRT? That stands for Addictive Voice Recognition Technique. Those thoughts sound like the Addicitve Voice. for me. Once I could recognize and name the AV, it was much, much easier to dismiss it and not feel compelled to act.

You might check out AVRT in the secular connections section of SR. It's helped me so much.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-22-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vandermast View Post
I have had a horrible head day...my skull has been full of distorted thoughts regarding a litany of my failures and inadequacies...i wonder if this is yet another means of my alcohnlic head 2 get me to drink..if so it can go and get f+?,ed..i have my head above the surface and am holding on against the current..would some one please lend me a hacksaw and a cranial drill so i can cut it off and take it bowling??

Many thanx
v
Lol! I've been the same way and can still get like that if I let myself. Just get up and do something you enjoy, try to distract yourself. I likened my thoughts to a gerbil on an exercise wheel. And you know what? It never solved any problem and only served to bring me down. It has gotten much, much better now that I'm sober.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Alkie

Originally Posted by Vandermast View Post

Many thanx
v
Stop screwing up and your head will stop picking on you.

Every time you succeed at something or do a good deed, let your head congratulate you. Ever notice how successful (spiritual and material-wise) people have things? Those things are rewards for good behavior.