Notices

Thinking of a drink

Old 04-21-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thinking of a drink

Feeling sorry for myself this evening sad and blue. Also feeling lonely and lost like I don't belong. I talked to a lot of people today on the phone and went to a meeting and said prayers read big book. I feel lonely a lot and socially awkward even though I have friends and family that care about me. I feel like drinking but not going to.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you can do it Anoronha
Old 04-21-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

I thought about it everyday for the first couple of months. It's something that we have to say NO to daily. Go to meetings. I still attend 3 a week. The first 2 months I needed them badly.

I now have 161 days today and I rarely think about drinking. Iy does get better. Hang in there.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

It's ok to admit that you feel like drinking. We're alcoholics, for goodness sake, that's what we do when we're active and when we start our journey - we think of drinking.

The feeling of loneliness and not belonging is something very strong in many of us. I know it took me a long time to get past that - but I had strong attachments to being isolated and having difficulties talking to others. I still have to watch for those things. You're doing the things you need to do, and it does get better. I know you are in the program, so for me it was in working the steps that I got the biggest relief from those kinds of feelings.

Great stuff in not picking up.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I didn't drink yesterday at all. I have too much to lose if I drink like my parents trust and brothers and mine close relationship now that I stopped drinking. Most of all my self respect. Now that I stopped drinking and have found the right med combo I feel a whole lot better.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

being honest to yourself and not drinking, is a huge step. good job of posting your feelings
Old 04-22-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Anoronha, I feel like drinking but not going to. You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Loneliness anger and my parents leaving to go out are triggers for me. Sometimes boredom.