Notices

Detox day 3

Old 04-21-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox day 3

Woke up with headache, start to reduce the Valium today not sure if headache is from Valium or from lack of alcohol. Thought about fact it's been longest I've not had a drink in a long time. Think cravings are there today, I wouldn't usually drink in the morning but my body is obviously screaming where's my wine!!
Not giving in to it though think I will feel better once had my meds.

Going to ride through this , still woozy, going to put my meditation on my iPad , my partner has gone to work today so feeling a bit alone. It's funny reading others posts, if I bought alc couldn't just buy the one bottle of wine always 2 and kid myself it was for another time. Seeing gp later but might ring the alc line to talk to someone
Old 04-21-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, congrats on making the decision to quit! You will feel sooo much better soon! Headaches can be a withdrawal symptom, but make sure to drink plenty of water and try to take a multi-vitamin too as alcohol depletes everything, especially B vitamins & magnesium.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm day 3 too, congrats its great that ur partner is being so supportive. I feel head achy too, annoying.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Good luck to you. It get's better. I remember the early days of sobriety. I now have 161 days today. I'm feeling good and very strong. Hang in there.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Exclamation

Just seen gp, off sick now rest of the week, (was hoping to be ok by wed) bp sky high and constant headache but she thinks I'm doing really well. Apparently this is usually the worst day, taking lots of Panadol and vitamins, and water. Feel like **** even with the Valium. Not sure what to say to work as no-one knows maybe I've just got a viral infection?? Lol. Back to gp wed then Friday. Feeling slightly sensitive to noise and want to cry, Christ I didn't realize alcohol had messed me up this much
Old 04-25-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also had a bit of a mild head ache coming and going on day 3 to day 5