Notices

Rash

Old 04-17-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rash

I have fallen off the wagon for the last few months and have been binge drinking two to three times a week untill blackout. Now I have a red itchy rash under my arms that won`t seem to go away. My liver have started to hurt pretty bad after drinking when I touch it through the skin. Have anyone else had this?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I haven't but I think it'd be good to get it checked out GoodFortune - if only for your piece of mind?

D
Old 04-17-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LDT

Yep....I did....a red, itchy rash all over my entire back and on my chest. It was awful....drove me nuts. its definitely alcohol related. But it went away when I quit drinking. So did the swelling in my liver.

I hope you are seeing a doctor, GoodFortune. Don't be embarrassed (like I was) to ask for help. I finally did.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your responses. I have suspected that it could have been alcohol related because it has seemed to get worse after a night of drinking. Also my with the aching in the liver. I have also read that a lightly coloured stool could be a symptom (discusting I know), and I have that also. It is so awfull how alcohol takes a toll on the body. I am currently in therapy and I am going to talk to my doctor about the problem. I want to go to AA meetings, but I am scared.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't be scared to go to AA, most people there are really nice, especially if you tell someone its your first meeting. Its normal since its the unknown, I was afraid my 1st time too but was so glad that I went after. Try different meetings too, I had to "shop" around to find the ones that were the most beneficial for me!

Try to stay away from google too- I have "diagnosed" myself too many times & then found out I worried for nothing. Just concentrate on staying sober & things have a way of working out.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Zee

Originally Posted by LDT View Post
Yep....I did....a red, itchy rash all over my entire back and on my chest. It was awful....drove me nuts. its definitely alcohol related. But it went away when I quit drinking. So did the swelling in my liver.

I hope you are seeing a doctor, GoodFortune. Don't be embarrassed (like I was) to ask for help. I finally did.
Ditto unfortunately... I had swelling of the liver (alcoholic hepatitis) my rash was all over my stomach and sides, that was in conjunction with swelling of legs and abdomen.... See a doctor, please tell the truth about your drinking, I wish you lots of luck x
Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, who was a binge drinker too and would get a nasty rash when withdrawing. It was on my arms, legs, chest, and back. Definitely alcohol related. Direct cause and effect. I eliminated the alcohol and no more rashes.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Zee

Talk to your doc about heat/stress related hives... DM me if you want more details
Old 06-23-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hives or Rash

Hey Guys,

so i broke out with this horrible itchy rash on both my forearms 4 days ago. I though i got bitten by a bug, but it now seems to be getting worse everyday. if this is due to drinking heavily, how long will it take to go away if i stop drinking the booze? and what can i do or take to ease the itchy pain? could this be related to an organ failure?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said to the OP watnow - you should get it checked out by a professional if you're concerned.

There are many reasons for rashes....and none of us are Drs.
We can't give medical advice here.

D
Old 06-23-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by watnow78 View Post
Hey Guys,

so i broke out with this horrible itchy rash on both my forearms 4 days ago. I though i got bitten by a bug, but it now seems to be getting worse everyday. if this is due to drinking heavily, how long will it take to go away if i stop drinking the booze? and what can i do or take to ease the itchy pain? could this be related to an organ failure?

Thanks
If you even think for a second that excessive alcohol consumption is causing your condition it is besides the point. First, I would schedule a doctor's appointment to find out. Even if it isn't related to alcohol you already have given yourself an answer about your drinking.

Time to quit Buddy.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Zee

Always see a doc... I had massive rashes on my abdomen when liver was going into meltdown.... you may have some veins that are protruding... see the doc... please
Old 06-23-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoodFortune View Post
I have fallen off the wagon for the last few months and have been binge drinking two to three times a week untill blackout. Now I have a red itchy rash under my arms that won`t seem to go away. My liver have started to hurt pretty bad after drinking when I touch it through the skin. Have anyone else had this?
I would think that the rash is the least of your worries.

Have you committed to a program of recovery?

All the best.

Bob R