Notices

Back Again

Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back Again

I tried giving up drinking almost a year ago and it did not go to well... I pretty much seclude myself and lost contact with most of my friends. I do have a wonderful girlfriend and my drinking is really straining our relationship, I have messed up many relationships in the past but this one is different.. I truly love her, but I know it won't last too much longer.. Think she has had enough of me and we spend way less time together... She is only part of the reason, I want too Stop!! I need to do it for me, I am a different person now and not liking who I have become.

I have chronic daily heads, spent many doctor visits to try and get rid of them with no success.. So I use this as an excuse to drink and get rid of the pain for just a few hours a night. But after falling asleep I wake up a few hours latter and am very anxious and lay awake the rest of the night. Guess what I am asking, does anyone else suffer from daily (all day headaches) from drinking???? And I don't mean hangover headaches.. And those of you that were strong enough to quit drinking, did the headaches get better??? They are making it hard to do anything, including my job...

I am starting to lose hope that I will/can be happy again.. I am really depressed and have seen my doctor that, even have a follow up in 2 days...

Any advice, would be appreciated....

Thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry

Probly posted this in the wrong thread..
Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I think you are right in seeing a doctor about this. Headaches every day isn't normal. Be honest about your drinking and tell him or her about your desire to quit.

It's hard to gage how you really feel until you quit drinking. So give it a try. A couple months at least before you decide you'll never be happy.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dox
paradox

It is sometimes amazing how many medical ailments disapear when we alcoholics put down our drug of choice for a few months.

doggoncarl is right. Have you been up-front with your doctor about your problems with alcohol?

I couldn't quit without help. I hope you find the right help soon.

dox
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dox View Post
It is sometimes amazing how many medical ailments disapear when we alcoholics put down our drug of choice for a few months.

doggoncarl is right. Have you been up-front with your doctor about your problems with alcohol?

I couldn't quit without help. I hope you find the right help soon.

dox
yep. i had extremely sore and burning feet when drinking and could barely walk on them but that has dissapeered since i quit.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I too suffered from a variety of ailments when I was using alcohol. I agree with the above. Perhaps they are withdrawl symptoms of some kind - in my case detox and a heavy dose of support and recovery programs helped me find the way out.

I think it's admirable you are attacking this at such a young age by the way! Good luck!