Notices

I Apologise

Old 04-13-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
All is Change

I Apologise

I apologise to all those that my words are such that they are perceived as a cause of discomfort experience of self.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure what happened Grymt, but your posts have been anything but discomforting to me

D
Old 04-13-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grymt View Post
I apologise to all those that my words are such that they are perceived as a cause of discomfort experience of self.
Not sure what you mean .....

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Yea, I don't get it. But hope you are ok.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Apology accepted. Now what did you do that required an apology
Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
All is Change

LOL. I'm not sure.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
All is Change

I'm ok. Thank's Dave

Look, I'm an alcoholic in recovery, one day at a time. So in a sense I'm ok but I'm not ok too. I'm not drinking. I've lost the urge to do so. I'm trying to learn about myself. To unravel the gordian knots. Like much of my life I've been dealing with me alone. I think perhaps this spills over into how I share. I've got an argumentative nature. I have to learn to not be like that for my sobriety and channel whatever that comes from into a positivity. Perhaps this is nothing more than a fumbling step towards that. I think I've got the tools to do so but sometimes it's like punching in the dark.

Food for thought. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober Alkie

Sober people have a unique problem: they are aware of everything they do and say. That doesn't mean we'll stop all of our bad behavior, it just means we know we do it.

I haven't heard this song in 40+ years, but one sentence from it has been tattooed on my soul:

"My words come back to me in shades of mediocrity."

Relax. We're all __holes sometimes. I said that.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
You're not sure what you did, but you're apologizing anyway? I haven't found you argumentative, but that's just me. We are all perfectly imperfect...and that's ok.

ps love your OM avatar. I have it tattooed. It reminds me of the beauty all around me, the beauty that is within others, and also within me (flaws and all).
xo
Old 04-16-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
All is Change

Ouch. I can feel an argumentativeness arising in me. Thank you.

How can I do it differently? Yeah, I like that symbol. It's actually a-u-m. AAAAA vibrates the lower chakras. A smooth flow of that to UUUU brings the vibrations up to the middle chakras and MMMM to the upper. This is a powerful core mantra that sunders the gordian knots and permits the flow of trapped energies to flow out. The coiled pair of snakes around a sword with a mirror and wings is another old symbol of this healing process. When the vibration or oscillations of the snakes around the spine is in true harmony kundalini can rise unfettered.
Sensation comes first, then thought then action. If I react to sensations I'm averse to or the lack of sensations I'm craving as a basis for my thinking and that is a basis for my actions, words or deeds then I'm reaffirming or replanting seeds of past behaviour that will again in the future arise to be dealt with. This to me is hard to moderate. When I do so act I need to find a way to change that. Statements that at least approach doing that come from a place that seeks this harmony. At the same time I know that deeper answers are beyond any doing. I think this is where I need to get simple.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by LonerMan View Post
Sober people have a unique problem: they are aware of everything they do and say. That doesn't mean we'll stop all of our bad behavior, it just means we know we do it.

I haven't heard this song in 40+ years, but one sentence from it has been tattooed on my soul:

"My words come back to me in shades of mediocrity."

Relax. We're all __holes sometimes. I said that.
It's a real bitch isnt it? lol. I hate that sometimes when I realize I have been "short" or rude with someone at the checkout counter at Acme and then I have to make myself go back in and apologize, because if i dont i will feel guilty until I do. :P
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by grymt
Ouch. I can feel an argumentativeness arising in me. Thank you.
Ouch from my post? That was not my intent. I would have PM'd you, but it appears that you don't accept them.

I hope you find some relief.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
All is Change

Thank's for all that. (yeah, I've got PM's emails and friend stuff switched off. My reasons are complex but benign. I don't want the choice to friend or unfriend anyone. Perhaps I'm a bit of a tech luddite. If necessary I'll try to explain that more some other time.)

Ok, at the moment I've enabled some mindshifts that I think are beneficial for me. I'm grateful for all replies, comment etc. It helps me to figure out some things. Some stuff is still sinking in.

I wasn't kidding about thank you. I found your post just what the doctor ordered. I have to process the consequent input.

Thanks again.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grymt
If necessary I'll try to explain that more some other time.
It's not necessary for my benefit. It's neither here nor there to me.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I used to come into work after a big night with work mates and say "for anything stupid I may have done or said last night, I was out of order and sorry". If people nodded I'd know I'd done or said something and would find out in time, if people looked at me baffled I'd just laugh it off. Could not remember.