Notices

Its a start I guess

Old 04-12-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its a start I guess

I guess its a start? First place that I've checked out after I've decided I have a problem and need help. I used to just justify my drinking or rationalize it somehow as not being a problem. Im not abusive or violent when drinking. Heck a person would probably not know if I was drinking or not to be honest. I don't get hung over... I don't even think I get drunk really. I don't miss work because of drinking night before. Some blackouts or forget conversations is about all. So I guess thats why i let it continue for so long. I guess I didn't see where it was effecting my life in a negative way.

BUT..... it seems like it has to be a problem. I am so dependant on it for some reason. I drink EVERY day. Found myself drinking earlier and earlier. Watching the clock wondering what time is "acceptable" to have "just one" (which just opens flood gates for rest of day and night). Also, I find myself putting off cutting back or quitting for "triggers" I think they are called. Even this weekend, I'll stop drinking after the Masters golf tournament is done on sunday because I enjoy it so much. Then it will be something else etc.....

Also, I've had a ton of major life things happen all at once which makes this 10times harder to do at this particular time of my life because I lean on beer to get me through the days. Job, relationship with fiance, financial, etc.... I am a very private person and keep to myself mostly. So support is limited for me. Anyway..... just thought I'd chime in and introduce myself
Old 04-12-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Posted in newcomers section. Just thought I'd put in here as well.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

You seem to be exactly like hundreds of people I run into at AA meetings.

Have you looked into any of the methods for staying stopped?

Rational Recovery
SOS
AVRT
SMART
Life Ring Power to Quit
Women for Sobriety
AA

All have their own websites.

If you are ready to stay stopped, you can do it!