Notices

Not enjoying life sober

Old 04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I had massive nausea the first 3 or more I was sober. And it was bad. I literally lived on saltine crackers (a holdover from my morning sickness during pregnancies) and tepid water, with diluted diet 7-up or coke in little sips.

It wasn't until later I found out how bad the damage was, and to this day, many years later I have to take prescription medication for my GERD.

Please stick with the not drinking and give your stomach a chance to really heal.

Many years ago now, there was an American Physician that had to move to Australia to have the open-mindedness to allow him to work on an idea he had about stomach ulcers. And to test it on live human subjects that agreed.

He found that the majority of stomach ulcers he was finding (90+ %) were caused by H Pylori and when treated with a 3 to 4 week regimen of Tetracycline and Tagamet that not only was the H Pylori gone but the ulcers were healed. He finally got a Dr friend of his at one of the VA Hospitals to try this method, with the patients consent of course, and pretty soon papers were being written for the American Medical Journal and it started to become the practice here in the states for stomach ulcers.

I just found it so ironic that with all the Great doctors and research facilities we do have in the states, that this doctor had to go Down Under to finally get his possible cure introduced into general practice 10 years later here in the U.S. Please ask your doctor on your next visit for something for the nausea, there has to be something he can prescribe for you that will calm that down.

Please PM me if you have some questions that you think I might be able to help you with.

Love and hugs,