Notices

First Day yet Again!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Day yet Again!

Hello all. Here I am yet again. My first day of sobriety after a night of drinking to much and feeling the effects yet again. I have stopped a few times in my life before, and always tried to go back to it at a lesser amount. Problem is that that never works out as planned and I go right back to drinking pretty much daily and copious amounts of it. I really would like to be free of alcohol even though my mind tries to convince me otherwise. It's hard to imagine my life without it as It has been the better part of my life. I am tired of all the things it robs me of in my life both physically and mentally and am overwhelmed by many thoughts and going into this process. Hope to be a part of this community and sharing of thoughts and stories. Look forward to hearing from you all and sharing thoughts, stories, etc... of my own. Be well!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Seems this thread is a bit slow right now, but others will be chiming in soon. I think you will find a lot of support and encouragement here, I know I do. I joined in February and jumped onto the class thread at that time. You may want to join the class of April thread http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...il-2013-a.html, as people recovering during the same month really support one another and form strong bonds. Also, copy this post over to the Newcomers to Sobriety thread as it seems to be the most active. What you have shared thus far, sick of being sick and tired, seems to be the common reason many of us have landed here. My suggestion to you for now is to keep reading, stay hydrated and take good care of yourself through the first few days of withdrawals.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Southwest - good to have you here

D
Old 04-08-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
oak

Welcome southwest! Glad you found us. Good luck on finding what works for you in sobriety.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)