Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Do you feel the need to tell anyone you are a recovering alcoholic ever?

Notices

Do you feel the need to tell anyone you are a recovering alcoholic ever?

Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh and I know that this is COMPLETELY off topic but I'm sitting here watching Survivorman and for some reason I got to thinking to myself and thought " self, that Professor on Giligans Island was kinda like the original Survivorman. Only problem is he was smart enough to take two coconuts and a piece of straw and make a Nuclear Reactor but he couldn't fix a 2 foot hole in a boat." Funny how my sober mind thinks.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hefner View Post
Oh and I know that this is COMPLETELY off topic but I'm sitting here watching Survivorman and for some reason I got to thinking to myself and thought " self, that Professor on Giligans Island was kinda like the original Survivorman. Only problem is he was smart enough to take two coconuts and a piece of straw and make a Nuclear Reactor but he couldn't fix a 2 foot hole in a boat." Funny how my sober mind thinks.
haha! That's pretty funny! And where did Ginger have all that glamorous clothing for a 3 hour tour. lol
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
So true, Thanks this video trailer is very cool and I agree with it. By the way is that your pooch?
deeker, yes he is. A Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

I'm glad you liked the documentary trailer. I'm hoping to see it as soon as it releases.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I actually think that Mr and Mrs Howell we're RAGING Alcoholics. I'm pretty sure that they had a Coconut Daiquiri in their hands in EVERY episode. That entire Crew needed Dr Phil.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hefner View Post
I actually think that Mr and Mrs Howell we're RAGING Alcoholics. I'm pretty sure that they had a Coconut Daiquiri in their hands in EVERY episode. That entire Crew needed Dr Phil.
Haha! Where did they get the rum? Probably the professor figured that one out too! You'd think with all those transistors that they'd think to make beds out of palm leaves or something instead of those silly hammocks. Now you got me thinking about everything they did on Gilligans Island. Gonna google it now. lol

Sorry!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

And don't forget that everybody who landed on that Island after The Minnow Seven got off of it in under a week. They should have made a dark spinoff series after they got off the Island. It could have centered around Gilligans inability to adapt back to Civilization and as he slipped slowly into the abyss of insanity he started hunting down everyone who ever got off ofthe Island but never told anyone about the Castaways. One by one the members of the Rock Band or those Russian Cosmonauts start to disappear.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CharlieNoogan View Post
One perspective is that a collective "coming out" will help eliminate the stigma. Check this out:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
I am SOOOOO on board with this. I'm looking into it after work later tonight. Thanks for the link!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Never. Not ashamed, but never. I don't even like saying "Hello I'm Judy and I'm an alcoholic" because it seems so inorganic. I'm so much more than being an alcoholic, although I AM one. Society love labeling people, I like my labels on items not people--we're so much more than that.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am very open about it, I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of. I am an alcoholic, I didn't ask to be, and now I am in recovery. It's not the first thing I tell people but when it comes up for whatever reason I am completely honest. I am proud to be an alcoholic in recovery.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

@ Hefner.............Thanks for sharing coz my Sup not boss only knows about my lisc being suspended coz I didn't show up to work one night. I sinned by omission(didn't read the 10 day letter cop gave me to get temp lisc until court date). He doesn't know about me being in AA but when I celebrate my 1st birthday in June, he will be one of the 1st people to know!! I've since been demoted coz of evthg arising from it but even if I don't get back up where I was I'll still be damn proud of myself.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
@ Hefner.............Thanks for sharing coz my Sup not boss only knows about my lisc being suspended coz I didn't show up to work one night. I sinned by omission(didn't read the 10 day letter cop gave me to get temp lisc until court date). He doesn't know about me being in AA but when I celebrate my 1st birthday in June, he will be one of the 1st people to know!! I've since been demoted coz of evthg arising from it but even if I don't get back up where I was I'll still be damn proud of myself.
Wow! awesome !1new!!!! Congrats!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Thanks Deeker...his post just encouraged me after tonite's mtg!
Ps100:5