Notices

The SR site is having an effect

Old 04-04-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The SR site is having an effect

Have mainly been a nighttime drinker, it's been a habit to get "nice" in the later hours and help me fall asleep (I know I know....pass out) I've read post after post most days/nights the past cpl of weeks, as well as other info on alcohol. Learned alot about what it really does, and how it can only temporarily calm and later exaggerate anxiety. And I think all the reading is affecting my thinking because;
I usually have my first drink, definitely after 9pm, but mostly after 10pm. Well tonight I was gonna hit a pub for a shot and a beer, then hope to only sip 4 or 5 more beers when I got home. I pulled in the parking lot, sat and thought, "I don't really feel like one now". Drove again, mulling it over. Woundup at a McDonalds and had a sandwich. Here it is after 11pm and I haven't cracked one open....yet. But have a six-pack of light beer around IF I decide it's getting late and I'm not tired enough.
Also, there have been several nights now that I didn't have the first one til 11pm. It's 11:15, maybe a habit is slowly breaking?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR can definitely help.
why not try for a day one of no alcohol at all?

D
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, I can try, so far still didn't open one. No cravings at this time, just realizing it's been a habit pattern. Think I'll make some chamomile tea I just remembered is in the cupboard. Just that I have a long work day tmrw and don't want to go sleepless.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Chamomile Tea is awesome !!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's never a good time to quit readysteady.

I used the 'I need to sleep cos I have to work' rationale for years...never realising that every night I did that made it harder and harder for me to quit in the end.

It was 3 days before I slept, then maybe a week before I got in a normal sleeping pattern.

Sure I was tired, but I was pretty beat up when I was drinking too...

I'd lost my job by the time I quit - still used the sleep excuse tho.

I understand you work. If getting sleep is important to you - I'd see a Dr, not self-medicate.

D
Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hear ya. Tomorrow never comes, right? I even thought about waiting to try til I had a couple of days off in a row. I don't have health insurance, but my county has a program for low income people, so I'll check it out. Thanks again D and you too, LSC1.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well here it is tomorrow. Had a feeling sleep.would.be an issue
2.cups.of chamomile tea and a Valerian pill and still couldn't sleep. I was getting angry over it, so......at 6am I sipped down 1 1/2 beers and took a benedryl. Don't get me wrong, had zero cravings, I just wanted some sleep!!! Got about 2 1/2 hrs and although tired, I'm clearer. No, I don't look.at 1 1/2 light beers as defeat at all. I'm taking steps and feel good about it.