Notices

3 days sober

Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 days sober

I here so much negative things from my family members. Is there anyone out there that can give me any positive feed back on ways to stay sober?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take a deep breath, the good news is that life gets so much better in sobriety !

It can all be yours, but you need to be 100% sure you are ready to quit.

Admitting and accepting the fact that we are powerless over alcohol, and we can NEVER drink again is paramount to getting and staying sober. That has been my experience, just do a search for my earlier posts.

Get into a recovery program, I chose AA together with a great counsellor and NEVER looked back.

Good luck
Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Need
hay you are on day 3 great job Bro!! i was there too and i causer alot of stuff from my buddies. but at the end of the day they did not look in the mirror and saw me and faced my responsibilities like i did. when it gets tough come here and hang our.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AA has worked for me for nearly 24 years. Might just be the ticket for you.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-04-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

AA ws a great start for me as well. Once I got my sober feet underneath me, so to speak, I rediscovered my hobbies - reading, fishing, hiking, rock hunting - and found some new ones. Balance is the key. When we spend all of our time drinking, or planning for our next drinking experience, we have no balance in our lives at all.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome NeedtoQuitNow!

Congratulations on making this step and on your 3 days sober! I think you'll find that there's a lot of positive support around here, so keep posting and reading.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

All good advice from these folks! Checking in here can help alot. I know what it's like to have negativity from family members. It's been a mix with me, some positive, with an equal amount of negative. Arguments always a step away. Try n block as much of it out as you can and log on here often.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Ahh beginner's anxiety....I remember that all too well. You've begun to heal from a disease that wants to take you out for good. Easy does it is one of the phrases in all AA rooms. Get a sponsor, begin the steps & do the 1st one without any question or going back. Do 90 meetings in 90 days(that was my solid foundation & still sober 9mths later with no looking back) & you'll start to see your life begin to transform before your very eyes.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm still working on my sobriety...BUT one piece of advice that helped me was "A craving only lasts 15-20 minutes...if you can occupy your time - YOU CAN BEAT IT!" I know this doesn't work for everyone, but it's a start