Notices

Stopped drinking odd symptom

Old 04-03-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stopped drinking odd symptom

I've been a daily drinking for the past 10 years or so, some years heavier than others. I'm 31 years old. Ive been on and off the wagon the past few months trying to stop and each time I stop within a day or 2 my eyes will not stop watering. Is this usual? I did some googling and couldnt find anything. Has this happened to anyone else ? If so does it go away ? People at work must think im crying or something all day its terrible! I have to keep a napkin on me all the time. Ive had the night sweats and anxiety and thats all typical but I dont know about this eye watering... any input would be great.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

I have one eye that enjoys watering a lot. Have you washed your pillow case recently?

I perspired a whole lot in early recovery and since tears are full of hormones, could just be toxins leaving you. Could also be emotions you are still holding on to. Could be a lot of things.

Have you seen a doctor and let them know what is going on honestly?

I wish you well on your sober journey!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll wash the bedding tonight, thanks for the tip it has been a couple sweaty nights. It's not emotional today although, I do get emotional alot more when I'm sober. The doc appointment is in 4 days for something else, but now that you mention it, I will definitely bring it up. Thanks for the advice. This forum seems like a gold mine, I wish I found it sooner!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Did you used to drink lager or beer? If I drank lager my eyes would puff uplike hay fever (I think from the malt)-maybe you`ve got the opposite of a wheat allergy?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well the last 6 months or so I drank a mix of vodka nips in between steele reserve. Not sure exactly what kind of beer steel reserve is, I just drank it because of the high alcohol content and it was cheap. I believe it says high gravity lager on the can... that could be another explanation..
Old 04-03-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes this definitely happened to me. I had to take a day or so off to deal with it. I definitely believe this is a withdrawal symptom.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ahh!! Thank you - I had to take my mascara to work with me because of my watery eyes when I stopped drinking a few weeks ago, never thought it was connected - it lasted a good couple of weeks then stopped :-) how weird.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to hear its just a symptom and will go away eventually. Ill bring it up to my doc just in case when I see him. Thanks for the replies people