Notices

3 days sober again an 1st meetin n 3 years

Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 days sober again an 1st meetin n 3 years

At 3 day mark again, and finally got the nerve to tell husband i wanted 2 go back 2 meetings, he grumbled about it but took me anyhow. No trust in me whatso ever to drive self to meetin, and i dont blame him at all. But I feel really uncomfortable about him being so unhappy about my going. It makes me not want to go because of it to make him happy.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sucks that he wouldn't want you to go, especially if you feel the meetings help you.
Did he tell you why he doesn't want you going?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I'm really glad you've decided to go, krazy..... My feeling is that we need to whatever it takes for our recovery. You might be extra sensitive right now, too. Do you think he's really unhappy about it, or just temporary grumbling because it's a minor inconvenience for him to drive you?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back. 3 days sober and making moves. 24 hours at a time. When you reach 5 days, and you will, set a goal to do twice as good. 2 x 5 = 10 more days. After you reach 15 days, and you will, double it again and so on. Instead of looking way down the road keep setting goals, realistic goals, for yourself. If 12 hours is realistic start there. At 12 hours try to double it. However you choose to do it I send you positivity. Stay focused!